No announcement yet.

Nuclear Weapons found in Iraq!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the pics on CNN today... it didn't make my nipples hard... sorry...

a few pieces of what could be used to built something that could be used to start a weapons program... that was buried since 1992. BOY THAT SURE PRESENTED A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO AMERICA!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I used to have piles of stuff that looked like that in my shed.

Is the US government going to occupy my house?

And, as for the plans for a nuclear accelerator, you can get anything off the internet these days.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

And, as for the plans for a nuclear accelerator, you can get anything off the internet these days.
        I learned how to avoid a roadblock from a website. Don't knock it!
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          So war was necesary to get the Iraqis to hand in 12 empty chemical warheads and old bits burried for 12 years of past nulear porgrams, cause otherwise..what?

Give me a break. The inspections, ahd they been allowed to continue would have turned up most of th stuff that had any importance. The other stuff, would have been sidenotes.

Stick to the "we liberated the iraqi people" reason, cause the WMD one is really laughable.
          You want it to be laughable, but not everyone is laughing.

I for one am not surprised that the regime was keeping bits and pieces around that could be used to refine nuclear material into bomb grade fuel.

And, as you should know if you'd read the article, not all is known yet. As the fellow in the article stated, other technicians and scientists are likely watching him to find out what the implications are for turning stuff in.

Of course, there will be people who will scream outraged indignation no matter what is found. Some of them may even haunt boards like these.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

All right! Part of a gas centrifuge system, unused for 12 years! Then what?

In other news, farmer Dan was arrested today, for possessing large quantities of fertilisers that could be used for explosives.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

DO not underestimate the dangers of centrifuge. My chem professors always emphasize that if it isnt balanced, it could CRACK hurling massive amounts of broken glass everywhere!

We should immediatley check to see if Saddam was importing glass in mass quantity.. then we'll have all the evidence we need!
              :-p

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

You want it to be laughable, but not everyone is laughing.

I for one am not surprised that the regime was keeping bits and pieces around that could be used to refine nuclear material into bomb grade fuel.
                That centrifuge drum is pathetic. Take a couple of thousand years to purify bomb-size amounts of U235 with it. Looks more like a lab piece than a production model. IIRC the real things are multi-layered and really f*cking big...

BTW: anybody can build a gas centrifuge. It's a pretty simple piece of machinery. Trouble is sheer amount or size of centrifuges needed to make bombs in reasonable time. Output is low, low, low. Need a very large infrastructure. Can't remember how many technicians the US employed at Oak Ridge (?) to purify enough U235 for Hiroshima bomb over the course of a year or two, but IIRC it was in the thousands, and the building they did it in was the largest single structure on Earth at the time.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Notyoueither, I'm one of these people who still believe that evidence, not opinion, are what matter. Yes, there are people who are still going to piss and moan about every little thing anyone who is not them does - they can sod off - but the fact of the matter is this war, it's "justifications," on top of everything already done by the Bush Administration, WILL be remembered by enough people, both in the halls of power and the general public, that the damage done will affect the USA's near future. Political clout, economic influence, military cooperation. All will be affected to one degree or another. How much? Only time will tell...

It's easy for you to sit in Canada and say what you said. Afterall, when was the last time CANADA pissed the whole world off? You've been fortunate that you haven't fallen victim to the ugly mess of Guilt-by-Association with the USA. The UK already had a history in the Middle East, so they've got their own problems with the region; it's my perception that you Canadians haven't really inherited the stigma of bad-blood over there from either country.

Must be hard to be Canadian, what with the whole "No one hating us and declaring Jihad on us all the time" racket you got going up there...
                  Yes, time will tell what effect Iraq had on American and British power. Just remember, no matter how much the radicals shriek, most people just want to get on with their lives. Getting on with their lives means getting along with Yanks and Brits, unfortunately. We've had to deal with one or both of you for a long time.

While on the subject of Canada, we are included in the targets of OBL and his loons. Nope, I don't feel very safe. I doubt the Aussies do either.

As for hard being a Canadian. Not very, but you and the Brits keep getting yourselves in scrapes we have to come drag you out of anyway. We don't need to start the excitement ourselves, we know we can count on you two.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

While on the subject of Canada, we are included in the targets of OBL and his loons. Nope, I don't feel very safe. I doubt the Aussies do either
                    I hopw you're kidding. Fear of terrorist attack runs somewhere between fear of killer bees and fear of lightning strikes in my books...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm sure the Aussies in Bali felt the same thing.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I hopw you're kidding. Fear of terrorist attack runs somewhere between fear of killer bees and fear of lightning strikes in my books...
                        I've been to Canada a few times and fear of the winter would be top of my list!

I heard a great saying over there a few years ago, "We have three seasons...July, August and winter"

(I think I got it right )

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

I've been to Canada a few times and fear of the winter would be top of my list!

I heard a great saying over there a few years ago, "We have three seasons...July, August and winter"

(I think I got it right )
                          The way I've heard it is that Winnipeg has two seasons: Winter and July
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm sure the Aussies in Bali felt the same thing.
                            AFAIK, that was motivated by Australia's involvement in the independence of East Timor, and has nothing to do with bin Laden, even the fundamentalist group committed the act is supposedly having links with al-Qaeda.
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              The way I've heard it is that Winnipeg has two seasons: Winter and July
                              I heard Winnipeg is okay between May to August, but you have to ask Uncle Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
                                Maybe this new "search for WMD" is a cover for a new oil prospecting program.

Be interesting to see what turns up under the rosebushes and azaelias.
                                People who bring up oil as a motivation piss me off... You have just about as much evidence of that as the U.S had about WMD.... which isn't saying much... But i'm still curious whats going to turn up in Iraw wmd wise....

(take the last sentence either way, double meaning... sort of)

Originally posted by Agathon
                                I used to have piles of stuff that looked like that in my shed.

Is the US government going to occupy my house?
                                Probobly
                                If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Working...
                                X