Big Brother Comes To Wal-mart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    Wal-Mart hates us because of our freedom.
    That is why soon all stores will be WalMart, comrade!
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

At the mega store I work nights at, a store employee can no longer stop a thief that they witnessed ripping the place off. A store employeee can't strip off the sweater of the rip off artist, that's not fair to the poor thief. Only the 2 security personel can stop a thief. Why? Because they are trained in the myriad stupid assed laws that protect the criminal from us honest folk. If these 2 people don't happen to be working, the thief has to be permitted to leave the store and keep the ill gotten gains! Even the 2 security people are almost powerless unless they caught the theft on camera.

Well well.

So Wal Mart is getting smart about it. If the product is emiting a signal to any store employee within 5 feet, then the store employee can detain the thief with the signal as proof of the theft...

Damn good idea, and if you're going to have stupid assed liberals making the laws, science has to come up with the answer! ...and Lancer might just be permitted to detain a thief or two.

That's right folks, stand back and bare witness to the new, powerful, Mega Store Action Hero! (tm)
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Lancer, you just wanna bust some heads.

Comment

I kinda like the idea, If I buy batteries from Wal-mart, a month later, and Forget where I put them, I could call up Wal-mart, they'd know.
          If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

"Lancer, you just wanna bust some heads."

Ooo, talk dirty to me baby...

edit: Poogas:

Comment

Dammit, I was making fun of this post first. Get your own whipping boys, guys!
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                Dammit, I was making fun of this post first. Get your own whipping boys, guys!
                Lol, don't think your gonna like this than

I've come up with what Wal-marts ad compagne should be like.

"Can you track me now?"
                "Good" (procedes to give Westcost sign signifying Walmart "

Simple, and Effective
                If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Anyone wanna know the best way to combat this?

"OMG OMG OMG, WAL MART IS SO UNPATRIOTIC. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW IMMEDIATELY, SO WE CAN KEEP OUR FREE, DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY!!!!

< article here >

REMEMBER, SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!"

It would spread like wildfire
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

except, see, walmart is extremely patriotic... it's linked with so many conservative things that...

ah, well.
                    B♭3

Comment

Instead of wasting millions of dollars on goofy projects like this, why don't they just see what sells the most and what people ask for the most? Put it this way and see if it makes any sense to you:

"The way to boost sales for next month is putting little computers in shaving cream cans."
                      -rmsharpe

Comment

Because...they want the money from what they are already selling. Read this post, forgot who made it, but very perceptive individual no doubt.

"At the mega store I work nights at, a store employee can no longer stop a thief that they witnessed ripping the place off. A store employeee can't strip off the sweater of the rip off artist, that's not fair to the poor thief. Only the 2 security personel can stop a thief. Why? Because they are trained in the myriad stupid assed laws that protect the criminal from us honest folk. If these 2 people don't happen to be working, the thief has to be permitted to leave the store and keep the ill gotten gains! Even the 2 security people are almost powerless unless they caught the theft on camera.

Well well.

So Wal Mart is getting smart about it. If the product is emiting a signal to any store employee within 5 feet, then the store employee can detain the thief with the signal as proof of the theft...

Damn good idea, and if you're going to have stupid assed liberals making the laws, science has to come up with the answer! ...and Lancer might just be permitted to detain a thief or two.

That's right folks, stand back and bare witness to the new, powerful, Mega Store Action Hero! (tm)"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          Here's a link to a factual article, as opposed to some fear-mongering opinion piece.
                          Factual?

Originally posted by JohnT
                          Dayum! A 101 terabyte inventory/sales database?

Betcha they don't run that on Linux.
                          You can't run that on Windows

OTOH, Do you know that you can run Linux on an IBM S39?

Talking about shooting your own footfeet, John.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Read this post, forgot who made it, but very perceptive individual no doubt.
                            How would you know?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              You can't run that on Windows
                              Windows Storage Server 2003 could do it.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"How would you know?"

I just happen to be a very perceptive individual...

Comment

Working...
                                X