American Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Cheese

Is this just an American phenomenon, or is it possible to buy it elsewhere in the world?

Just how popular is it outside the United States?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Little slices of processed crap wrapped in plastic? Only here that I know, and I've traveled some.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Sliced cheese, yes.

Is there another special ability attached to it?
      “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

don't they use it on mcdonald's hamburgers the world over?
        B♭3

Comment

American cheese being what? That tasteless, processed plastic crap like cheese slices etc? Yes, we get that in the UK.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, I believe it's what McD's uses.

Lancer, don't you remember the days before "individually wrapped slices"?

I remember when I was a kid, My parents would always get a pound of american cheese at the supermarket deli, which would be sliced off a large square log of cheese and wrapped in paper. It was white (unlike the yellow cheese seen in the cartoons), and had fine ridges across the surface, left by the deliman's cutting wheel. And it was the best thing ever grilled on white Wonderbread.

Comment

Is it just called American Cheese?

I mean here we have hundreds of different varieties of cheese which are all English.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

"white Wonderbread"?
                “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

MM, my dad was Swiss, we used Swiss cheese, so no I never got to try American cheese logs. Glad you liked it...

Come to think of it, I have Swiss in my fridge right now. Ever try Swiss grilled on eight grain wheat? (Left coaster)

Comment

Which kind of swiss cheese?
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

the one without holes, which also come in plastic-wrapped sheets from kraft.
                      B♭3

Comment

er... actually, was that a joke?
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Comment

And people say British food is bad.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Tillamook Holy Swiss, made right here in Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                              X