No announcement yet.

Job interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you have changed your email address which, if i remember correctly was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich@hotmal.c om

and you have written that in your CV.

makes employers go iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik

better change it

Comment

erm, about the initial post i'd say that if you really been looking for a job, say so.

complete honesty may not always be the best responce but i believe in that case it makes no real difference.

_so what have you been doing the last 7 months?

_i've been searching to find a job that fulfills my expectations (criteria talents education whatever)

add that line to slightly flatter them while at the same time justifying in part the long time you've been searching.

work on that phrase since english is not my first language but hopefully u get the gist.

bon chance

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
        I hope you have changed your email address which, if i remember correctly was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich@hotmal.c om

and you have written that in your CV.

makes employers go iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik

better change it
        So I should change thatguystu@hotmail.com from my CV as well?
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I changed my email address a long time ago, I now use iwanttofvckthepope@whoresrus.com

and don't post your email address on a bulletin board like that Stew, spambots pick it up...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

director@fbi.gov
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Don't use that address any more Provvo..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I didn't think so...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you are offered a job on the Wednesday afternoon, the same time as the interview, how long do you think is a reasonable length of time to consider that position before accepting or rejecting?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison Well that job just rejected me without offering me an interview down near you. It seems like there is no such thing as a chance...
                    Still only one job isn't it.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Crunch
                      If you are offered a job on the Wednesday afternoon, the same time as the interview, how long do you think is a reasonable length of time to consider that position before accepting or rejecting?
                      I think you should lock up the offer, but ask for a written contract with all the agreed upon terms for review. This probably gives you somewhere between 72 hours to a week to make your final decision.

Unless they already have the contract drafted, which means they are desperate and you should regret why you didn't ask for more in the first place.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Well I didn't want to accept the job until I had the results back from another firm with far better potential (both long and short term). So I'm not going to accept the job on offer and then reject it later.

I spoke to the recruitment agency this morning ~9am, they said the people who offered me the job were "cheesed off" that I hadn't accepted straight away, and "quite annoyed" that I hadn't accepted by Friday last week. They said that they would offer the job to someone else unless I responded there and then, because I spent to long considering. This is two full working days after the interview!

I said I would have to reject the offer because I wasn't particularly impressed if that was the firm's attitude and I would prefer the other job if I am offered it. They promptly said I am the second choice for that job and would have to wait and see if the other applicant wanted that position. They said I should take the job on the table. This struck me as an odd thing to say, but I simply said I can't accept this position.

What happened next really pissed me off. The guy said (paraphrased) "If you don't accept this job you probably won't be able to find another one *two seconds pause* anytime soon. I've sent your CV off to all accountancy practices in London and the southeast and these are the only two replies. I got you a job but now I'm going to lose out on the commission fees because your hoping for something better *two seconds pause*, oh well, its not the end of the world."

I really felt like telling him to "**** off", instead I said "Well, let me know what the other firm says and I'll speak to you later"

I'm now in a position where I don't trust the agency at all. I can't tell them to get lost until I know where I stand with the other job in the pipeline. And to top it off, it I got a letter from the head office of the agency asking "Now that you have a job we'd like to know how you rate our service". Presumptive much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Crunch
                          Well I didn't want to accept the job until I had the results back from another firm with far better potential (both long and short term). So I'm not going to accept the job on offer and then reject it later.
                          If I were you I wouldn't worry much about this. This happens all the time to companies, that's why they always have a second choice just in case.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• In my experience agencies are lying, moneygrabbing, cheating scumbags and in the current climate they are really suffering.

We were going to offer a guy a job here and the agent came back saying he demanded more money which we said no to. When the guy later phoned back for feedback about why we'd rejected him it turned out he'd never heard about the offer and the agent went behind his back, trying to bump his fees up.

Can you talk to the company direct?
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• I would say that one of the most important things to pick up in the interview is to show that you can offer the company something new. This gives you the possibility to lead the discussion, shows your interest in the field, and overall shows you are a bright person.

In accounting, you could ask them what their IAS-strategy is, tell them that you'd like to hear more about their reporting routines, and tell how you'd like to try to improve them (company Intranet, e-mail). Talk about the risk of "information overflow" and how good you are at making reports that are manager friendly (graphs with nice colours, automatic highlighting of important figures in a big table etc). Make sure you convince them that you see accounting not as number-crunching, but as a tool for decision-making.

The nice thing with all this is that you can talk about it quite a lot without actually having to show any concrete evidence.

Comment

• Why are you using an agency? You are an idiot to do so. There incentives are different. think about the biz situation. Do a Porter's model.

Comment

Working...
                                X