Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Divide the contiguous US into five independent countries

Originally posted by monkspider
    If the United States had to be divided into five independent countries, how would you go about partioning it?
    1) Northern US goes to Canada
    2) Southern US goes to Mexico

Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
    To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

1: California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska

2: Texas

3: Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, and a bunch of other midwestern states

4. Southeastern states- pretty much all of the CSA states

5. Northeastern states. This would include the ones in the ohio region such as ohio, Illonois, and Michegan

Comment

Holy Land of Milk, Honey, and Prosperity: Pittsburgh
        Not very much to recommend about the US, eh?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I must protest all of you putting my state with California

OK I do realize southern Nevada is turning into California . I hate all these Californians moving here. They are trying to raise our taxes by $1 billion dollars right now. The republicans are fighting it- Yay!! We have a republican governor, but really he only became a republican so he could get elected. He's really a democrat in disguise.

5 regions is not enough. What I did above was a quick and dirty. Some states would have to be broken up. Especially California and Nevada and New York

Republic of California: Central and Southern California including Southern Nevada.

Pacifica Northwest: Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Northern California

Mountain republics: Northern and Central Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana

Texas southwest republics: Texas and Arizona (I was thinking New Mexico might defect to Mexico- but if not you can include them here)

Bible Belt republics: Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, SC, NC, Virginia, Tennesee, Arkansas, West Virginia

Eastern republics: Maryland, Deleware, Penssylvania, Florida, New Jersey

New England States: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York (possibly excluding upstate New York)

Great Lake rebublics: Ohio, Kentucky, upstate New York, Michegan, Illinois, Indiana

Great plains republics: Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, ND, SD, wisconsin, MInnesota, Missouri, Nebraska
          Last edited by Dis; June 8, 2003, 04:58.

Comment

Your Great Lakes and Great Plains together would be a good match. Food, production and nature. Alot in common. Much of the plains food goes out through Chicago.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
            X