No announcement yet.

According to the BBC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still harking on about twenty years ago?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

We mean the bonds of culture, race, identity and roots of the native British peoples of the British Isles. We have lived in these islands near on 40,000 years! We were made by these islands, and these islands are our home. When we in the BNP talk about being British, we talk about the native peoples who have lived in these islands since before the Stone Age, and the relatively small numbers of peoples of almost identical stock, such as the Saxons, Vikings and Normans, and the Irish, who have come here and assimilated.

I really can't fathom what he could be referring to when he uses the word 'we' here. To describe 40 millennium of constant invasion, political and cultural change, changes in language, changes in religion with two simple letters and expect it to mean something is just absurd.

Everyone knows that this island is populated by a mongrel people. Britain has been invaded by huge amount of different nations and cultures. To suddenly draw an arbitrary line in the sand and say "Right, now THIS is what a British person is like" is an absolute absurdity.

The people of who live on this island have undergone a period of constant cultural flux that has lasted for the entire expanse of recorded history. The continuation of this process should be celebrated as the newest chapter our story.

The reference to the Vikings and Normans as "peoples of almost identical stock [...]who have come here and assimilated" is the most telling. Compare the invasion of the Vikings (which I notice the BNp isn't complaining about) to the immigration of Indian, Pakistani and West Indian people into Britain.
      The Vikings? Hey, they may have invaded the country, butchered many of the inhabitants, raped the women and deposed the government, but at least they weren't a bunch of ******s. Perhaps any kind of violent cultural overthrow is counted as 'assimilation' by the BNP as long British people don't start looking a bit brown.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Indians aren't ******s.

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
          Still harking on about twenty years ago?
          I don't see why not ... the BNP are still harping on about 40,000 years ago.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

I don't see why not ... the BNP are still harping on about 40,000 years ago.
            About a nation.

20 years is a long time for Nick Griffin.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Boddingtons
              You're a BNP apologist

Comment

No, he's a lame troll, but it's equally disturbing.
                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I thought he was a comedy act.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Don't those have to have a sense of humour?
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I just figured Bod's to be the modern day Alf Garnett.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Lonestar cares not for your British "Newspapers". Go read the Washington Post!
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Are you really in the BNP Bods?
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

The BNP is a Neo-Nazi group no matter what they say, they say they are tolerent of minorities but if they get power they will be hanging Africans and Indians left and right.

I recon that FOX is a tabloid. Same with the Washingtom Post.

I listen to the BBC on the raidio all the time, they are not biased, the righties are just mad because the "liberal" media tells the truth.

Comment

The BNP is a Neo-Nazi group no matter what they say, they say they are tolerent of minorities but if they get power they will be hanging Africans and Indians left and right.
                              Now here's the comedy.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X