No announcement yet.

Bush Administration's latest excuse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for getting out of Saudi Arabia but it has nothing to do with terrorism or money and everything to do with not supporting one of the most vile and repressive regimes on Earth. The day the house of Saud falls is the day I dance in the street.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

sorry everyone for the slight threadjacking, but I had to share this one Shankly quote with Master Zen.

"Of course I didn't take my wife to see Rochdale play as an anniversary present. It was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves." - Bill Shankly

BTW are you an ex-pat Zen?

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

You know Fidel has been doing exactly that. Making Cuba into a feudal state with slave like conditions. That is why so many people are trying to leave.
        Why would you care what Fidel does to dissidents. You said that you loved Pinochet.

Threadjack over.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
          Zen -

I didn't see money mentioned by Wolfowitz, only that getting our troops out of Saudi Arabia was desired because of Muslim holy sites in the area.
          hehehe... I was reading an article on deployment costs right before that one, I guess the ideas got mixed

they would save quite a bunch of $$ though!
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
            sorry everyone for the slight threadjacking, but I had to share this one Shankly quote with Master Zen.

"Of course I didn't take my wife to see Rochdale play as an anniversary present. It was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves." - Bill Shankly

BTW are you an ex-pat Zen?

no, I'm 100% Mexican living in 100% Mexico . But we're all football freaks, and since the all-italian CL final was today, it's pretty much the talk of the town.

BTW: I wanted Juve to win but they played so friggin terrible. If they had played just half as good as against Real they would have annihilated Milan

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

oh, and as far as Premier clubs go, I'm a red myself

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Why would you care what Fidel does to dissidents. You said that you loved Pinochet.

Threadjack over.
                No I didn't.

And I am the one that says threadjack over.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                  And I am the one that says threadjack over.
                  Uhhh... No, that's my job.

So come on folks... address the troll and stop the threadjacking...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Zen -
                    hehehe... I was reading an article on deployment costs right before that one, I guess the ideas got mixed

they would save quite a bunch of $$ though!
                    How? They spent loads of money building bases in Saudi Arabia so we are losing that money by moving the troops,and if they are moved to Iraq, more money will be spent to build bases there or other Arab countries more welcoming of US troops.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

See even my DL says it!

Anyways... What more will the opposition to Bush pull out of their hat of lies? I'd like to hear what is next....
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Sorry for my part in the football threadjack...

what troll Ming?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                            Zen -

How? They spent loads of money building bases in Saudi Arabia so we are losing that money by moving the troops,and if they are moved to Iraq, more money will be spent to build bases there or other Arab countries more welcoming of US troops.
                            who says they'll move to iraq? The whole idea is to get them back home now that the Middle East is supposedly "peaceful and safe".

Comment

Sorry Ming but as for you Fez.....

Comment

This was the major justification of the war that was pressed so hard before, and now their backpedalling!

Dont you just love it when conservatives moonwalk?

I feel all warm, tingly and vindicated now! This was the argument that was toughest the counter (not saying much baring in mind the strength of the others), and it is merely a construct!

Ah well! In all fairness to Fez , there are better examples of communism working, and working well, than Cuba.
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X