No announcement yet.

A quick viewing of the 21st Century 'Great' Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because they made the effort, Mike. We've reached now a critical level where newcomers don't feel the need to integrate because there are so many of them.

It's not like we have a labour shortage.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
      I dont see how this video is anything to do with the BNP??

It's about 1.8b of OUR Money (Yes, find the workforce of the UK and divide that figure by it, you'll be suprised how much it is costing YOU) being lost because our Incompetant government is ruining our once Great Britain.

Then imagine how much worse that scenario would become if we were in Europe and no control over the issue (do you really think Brussells would have any interest in changing the status quo??)
      A quick check of the Home Office website shows that of all asylum applications for 2001 and 2002 some 40% have come from Iraq, Afghanistan (which has consistently declined quarter on quarter since the removal of the Taliban), Zimbabwe and Somalia.

The answer to the asylum problem seems obvious. Sort out the problems in their country so that they don't need asylum. A £1.8 billion budget would come in handy for that.

I even heard one amusing comment that the real reason for the war on Iraq was not oil, not WoMD, not overthrowing an oppressive dictatorship, but to reduce the number of asylum seekers coming to Britain.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

"A quick check of the Home Office website shows that of all asylum applications for 2001 and 2002 some 40% have come from Iraq, Afghanistan (which has consistently declined quarter on quarter since the removal of the Taliban), Zimbabwe and Somalia."

What do you want us to infer from this, please?
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Use your brain for once Bod's.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The same statistics show that 25% of applicants come originally from Europe!
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
              Because they made the effort, Mike. We've reached now a critical level where newcomers don't feel the need to integrate because there are so many of them.

It's not like we have a labour shortage.
              We do in critical areas like nursing and teaching, nursing especially is an area where immigrants are now essential to the NHS.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Bodds, for several hundred years my country was under British rule. For the most part, the British settlers made no attempt to integrate with the local population; they confiscating their lands and imposed their religion, beliefs and language upon the Irish people. No doubt a large amount of immigrants into Britain are from other former colonies that experienced the same treatment. And now because the chickens of your Empire are coming home to roost, you don't like it? It was OK for the British to do it to the rest of the world, but the reverse doesn't apply. All I can say is what comes around goes around.

I believe that the asylum situation in Britain, and indeed throughout Europe, badly needs to be redressed. The lack of enforcement of the Treaty of Dublin is extremely annoying, as is the oudated bureaucracy that manages the entire procedure. The drastic measures proposed by such parties as the BNP however strike my as complete hypocrisy given Britains history and are a complete overreaction to the situation.

But I did find the video hilarious I must say. Using the Pet Shop Boys 'Go West' was brilliant.
                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                  The same statistics show that 25% of applicants come originally from Europe!
                  Yeah Kosova, Albania, Serbia etc etc. All very pleasant countries I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

We do in critical areas like nursing and teaching, nursing especially is an area where immigrants are now essential to the NHS.
                    The West currently harms developing countries more by taking their talented workers than by any restrictions on trade.

But if you're happy with that...?
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

If you opened up the trade barriers, let the developing countries get more money, improve themselves then fewer of their skilled people would want to leave. Circular argument isn't it?
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

By stopping immigration, that process would be a heck of a lot quicker. By taking just the talent, you are leaving an inferior genetic pool.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well said Starchild

I do agree with one point of the video, those that have their asylum rejected should be sent back. That is very true. I have no problem with multi-culturalism, with making sure those that need it are accepted, and with the new European asylum policy, I just think we need to deport those that are found to be here illegally.

As much as I disagree with many of Bods opinions, I have to see the logic in the bottom quote from his sig. I don't think it makes a difference to how people should be treated or anything, but I think we should acknowledge the differences.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Drop the trade barriers and you start preventing the immigration problem at source. Surely prevention's better than a cure?

Or are you saying that you think we should change our immigration policy to only allow in people who have absolutely no skills which would be useful to their native countries then?
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              Or are you saying that you think we should change our immigration policy to only allow in people who have absolutely no skills which would be useful to their native countries then?
                              No, I am merely pointing out that these things aren't that simple. We might be benefitting the rich individuals who can pay smugglers to get them here, but we are leaving behind poorer and less well-educated populace.

So the BNP could in fact help developing countries with their policies, not harm them. See?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                                As much as I disagree with many of Bods opinions, I have to see the logic in the bottom quote from his sig.

Skull-measurements have been tried before, and failed.

Comment

Working...
                                X