HO: Germany in Recession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fez

You are a the anti-thinker here. Get a clue.. if you put everybody on welfare as you propose the system will go bankrupt. You won't have any more money to pay for the system. You will then end up in the state Argentina is in.
    Whyat the hell are you talking about!?!?! PLEASE INFORM YOURSELF BEFORE TALKING. Argentina has started with unemployement welfare LAST YEAR with Duhalde's government (that by the way has left yesterday! All hail our noble new ellected Nestor Kirchner ). For the Menem's 10 years of government Argentina hadn't got unemployment welfare and until last year kids were about to die of hunger in our northern provinces. Tthanks god Duhalde started the unemployent welfare called ''Plan Trabajar'' or working plan, where the government pays to unemployed people and looks a job for them (if possible). The PLan Trabajar isn't working perfectly but it's a start.
    So please stop talking marvellous things about Neo-Liberalism because I know what it can do to a country:
    Since 1989 (Menem's assuption) until 2001 (De La Rua's fall) argentina had full neoliberalist policies like the ones you are proposing. The Result: Poverty went from about 10% to 53%!!!!! Unemployment from 6% to 17% The state industries (gas,trains,airlines,etc.) was totally privatizated, the national industries destroyed and the literacy rate went from 97-98% to 90-91%.
    So i ask you to not talk about things you know NOTHING about.
    Now, at last, things appear to go in the right direction as Newly elected president Kirchner seems to be in favour of a Neo-Keynesian economy (intervention of the state) and statitazion of some vital industries(airlines,oil,etc.)

I am from Spain.. and for the past ten years.. yes it has been doing better than Germany.
    Then, please, get the hell out of my country. I don't want people that think like you, here. We had enough of neo liberalism!!!!!
    Last edited by South killer; May 26, 2003, 20:24.
    -El patriotismo no es más que egoísmo en masa.
    -Al que me diga asesino, lo mato.
    -¿El sueño es la realidad, o la realidad es un sueño?

Comment

South Killer... I don't like Duhalde. I have no sympathy for a drug dealer. Anyways I don't care much for your country. I hate all the politicans there. Well maybe I like Murphy..

Look I understand your suffering.. okay maybe I don't.. but I no longer talk about the crisis in your country.

You are saying things I never proposed.

I never proposed spending wrecklessly like Menem did during his second term. That is where he screwed up.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

South Killer... I don't like Duhalde.
        I don't like him either. I'm just saying the right things he did in his period. (i do like Kirchner, though )

but I no longer talk about the crisis in your country.
        That's all i'm asking: Don't talk about things you aren't properly informed.

You are saying things I never proposed
        You were defending neo liberalism and i'm just explaining you what it can do to a country
        -El patriotismo no es más que egoísmo en masa.
        -Al que me diga asesino, lo mato.
        -¿El sueño es la realidad, o la realidad es un sueño?

Comment

Originally posted by South killer

I don't like him either. I'm just saying the right things he did in his period. (i do like Kirchner, though )
          I don't like Kirchner.

That's all i'm asking: Don't talk about things you aren't properly informed.
          I no longer talk about Argentina. I talk about Spain.

You were defending neo liberalism and i'm just explaining you what it can do to a country
          I am a neo-liberalist.

I am telling you if it is done right it will work right. Menem did not do it right. I am telling you again, what Menem did during his term was shortlived and hastily. I do not sympathize with what he did. Infact I wouldn't call it neo-liberal.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

I never claimed that either. In fact I am saying the Spanish economy is performing better than the German economy has. It has been that way for a decade.
            If this is true....Then Spain must have had a piss-poor economy cause germany is STILL on top
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

If this is true....Then Spain must have had a piss-poor economy cause germany is STILL on top
              Our economy was in bad shape. But not any more.. It developed and we got a standard of living around $21,000 nowadays.

Piss poor? Not exactly, my dumb friend.

Comment

The bloom fell off the boom in the Summer of 1998 so don't let any of the anti-bush folk fool you otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  Could we actually have some interesting discussion here? This thread is getting Fez'd.

Re German growth, I just wonder how y'all will get out of this situation relatively quickly.
                  Well one possibility for the labour market would be to adapt their regulations to the austrian model (or swedish, or dutch). The advantage would be to sell it as a variant of the welfare state, not some anglosaxon Turbocapitalism (which is utterly laughable given the level of statism in the US, but it's a public perception in Germany).

As what that adjustment would include - well, quite pointless as long as you have Fez dimwitting through a thread.
                  “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Merciless

Do you know that 1/4 of all German companies think about fleeing their native country?
                    Under the definition in that survey, I'm quite sure you'd find a similar outcome in the US.
                    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Originally posted by HershOstropoler

Well one possibility for the labour market would be to adapt their regulations to the austrian model (or swedish, or dutch). The advantage would be to sell it as a variant of the welfare state, not some anglosaxon Turbocapitalism (which is utterly laughable given the level of statism in the US, but it's a public perception in Germany).

As what that adjustment would include - well, quite pointless as long as you have Fez dimwitting through a thread.
                      Anglosaxon Turbocapitalism. Fez couldn't have come up with a better name himself.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I don't think that the thread was fezzed. More like Tassadar'ed, and Jammed.

Trolling Fez..... How low can you go?
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• It's a common term in Germany (in german, though).

Comment

It's a common term in Germany (in german, though).
                            Are you a follower of the Austrian School of Thought? That sounds like a term they would use.

Comment

• You mean the austrian school of economics? Yes, I'm inclined in that direction. But why would they use that term? It's a scarepuppet used by the left.

Comment

You mean the austrian school of economics? Yes, I'm inclined in that direction. But why would they use that term? It's a scarepuppet used by the left.
                                Why would who us what term, Austrian school? It's just a category for the followers of such economists as Mises, Hayak and others who think like them. I was just trying to fit your ideas into a larger picture. I'm sure you have your own ideas too though.

Comment

Working...
                                X