Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"They really believed that?" What people 100 years from now will say about us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People will laugh at the Creationists.

That we didn't get to Mars by 2000.

Thought colonizing Mars was uneconomical.

That few people cared for the enviroment.

That couples had more than 2 children.

BTW Sava, colonies on Mars will be important as the sorce of food for miners in the asteroid belt, especially after we terraform it.

Comment

Despite the desire to

I'll simply start with fun stuff:

We've all assumed society will progress. What if it doesn't?

1. People could talk to other people across the world using a variety of telecommunications.

2. People were praised for practicing gun control.

3. A person could grow up without plucking a goose.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

In 100 years, people won't believe that...

... we consistently believed the flying cars will ship in the next ten years, as they'll obviously be ready by 2110.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That we could use up the Earth and leave future generations with the bill.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That we could use up the Earth and leave future generations with the bill
            They'll believe it. It is terrible that we are destroying the environment for the future generations, but it's hard to hinder the economy by saving something for a time when you won't be around to have. I hope that we will start a total attitude change towards the environment and take bigger strides to protect it.
            "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
            X