Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cinch
    Leo:
    Why do you need the Euros to comment on it? We have it right here in Canada.

Sure, we don't have Proportional Representation, but our parliamentary system is essentially party-based, not individual based.

Examples:

Party-Based: Prime Minister is the head of the party with the most votes (or seats won, in a PR-less country like Canada)
    Individual-Based: President is voted for in a seperate election.
    Thanks. In that case, I prefer party-based.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I don't like this poll, but I'm not going to argue against it 'cause then Stefu is going to pressure me into finishing my own (different) three-axis political test...
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Oligarchy, Capitalism, Conservative
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Republican
          Regulated Capitalism
          Conservative

so many Anarchists.

We should lock them in a room with each other.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

socially I'm a reactionary but i don't want no segregation...

most conservative republicans would also be reactionary as they don't want to sustain the status quo that includes such things as abortion.

BAD political poll! boh!
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The 3 R's...

Republicanist
              Regulated Capitalist
              Reactionary

also I dont think that's a too good definition of Republican vs Democratic forms of government. Technically, democratic gov'ts are ones where the people vote on every issue and not for representatives (which would be a republic). Republics, in the traditional sense, also tend to have a federal system of government with power divided between the central gov't and the provinces.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

most conservative republicans would also be reactionary
                Restoring society is not 'reactionary,'

Too many negative connotations with that word.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Obi-Wan:

But restoring society is def not conservative (meaning conserving the status quo)

Comment

My democracy choice is different than republic because a Democracy has a lot more referendums than a republic, basically more of "Pure Democracy" type, like ancient Athens or many towns in New England. Republicanists believe in a more "elite" government, democrats believe in a more pure form of democracy.
                    Lord of The Mark got it right on the mark.

Comment

But restoring society is def not conservative (meaning conserving the status quo)
                      Be careful. By this definition the Democrats favouring abortion on demand become conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

Be careful. By this definition the Democrats favouring abortion on demand become conservatives.
                        Yes. The only way of being "radical" in this issue would be to make abortion mandatory
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Republicanist, Regulated Capitalist, Moderate.

People asking that government control things, best watch what they wish for.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Democracy, Communist, Radical
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                            X