X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAVOUT

Problem

I have a bad taste in my mouth when I make a wrong decision, not when others act wrongly.

Either you think you made a wrong decision, or we biologically react differently, and then I cant see us agreeing anytime soon.

Yet I am not a leftist ...
    I didn't make any wrong decision. I think Bush may have, but he is our president. He is entitled and required to make those decisions. If you or I don't like it we can complain, but why should we make things hard between our two countries for it? Just forget it. It was a legal decision made by a person required to make it.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• So, we are really biologically different. I suspected something like that. It explains well that we do not produce the same result with the same argument.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

So, we are really biologically different. I suspected something like that. It explains well that we do not produce the same result with the same argument.
        I suppose. I get mad at other people as well as myself. You say you don't. Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

It trully amazes me that garbage threads like this (didn't start like this, but turned into one right quick) can last so long! The geenral bias, ignorance, prejudice, its all just so amazing!

They all seem to work the same way: a group of self-righteous rightwingers get themselves nicely worked up on an anti-french froth, then some fool thinks they can reason with these people, and then it just degrades from there. These threads are always the same, and they lead to the same end, nowhere. i guess if this is how people want to waste energy, well, its thier business.

And in the long span of history, this little spat will mean as much as the Fashoda affair. (hmmm, what was that?)

We're rubbernecking.
          "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
          - Lone Star

Comment

• People should't be bashing France, they should be bashing Chirac, the hyper-nationalist Degaulle want-to-be, if the Frenchies knew how he helped Saddam with nukes The french army would be in Bagdad with us. We shoulden't be harrassing the French people with boycotts, just embarrass the crap out of Chirac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I suppose. I get mad at other people as well as myself. You say you don't. Whatever.
              It is not indifferent; I have the feeling that a part of the misunderstanding come from the passion poured by the Americains on the issue, whereas the Euros are able to analyze cooly the pros and cons.

The Americans and Euro tags are not proper, I should say the passionnates and the rationals.
              Statistical anomaly.

Comment

It is not indifferent; I have the feeling that a part of the misunderstanding come from the passion poured by the Americains on the issue, whereas the Euros are able to analyze cooly the pros and cons.

The Americans and Euro tags are not proper, I should say the passionnates and the rationals.
                Well, we were\are under attack. Bush is responsible for preventing further attack. He gets to pick the plan and he will be responsible if it fails. That's just the way it works. So I don't know who is or isn't being rational. I just know that the system is working the way we planned it to.

Comment

• Well, we were\are under attack. Bush is responsible for preventing further attack. He gets to pick the plan and he will be responsible if it fails. That's just the way it works. So I don't know who is or isn't being rational. I just know that the system is working the way we planned it to.

There are just so many things to say about this comment, so many!

Lets begin: Iraq has 0 to do with 9/11, (attacking Iraq does nothing to weaken Al qaeda, the ones that carried out 9/11, as this week shows), except ina a round about way: the American people would support the pres. attacking anywhere if they thought it would somehow make them safe post 9/11: 9/11 gave the admin. the excuse they needed to carry out policies they had pre-planned but could not have pushed politically otherwise.

2. "The system is working out like he planned it to"? Yeah, those folks in Bali, Moroco, Riyahd, tunis and so forth, well, they were part of the plan! Ohh, and I guess Bushed knew Osama and a large sectyion of the ladership would get away, or ..so forth and so on.

Iraq was, well, about Iraq, not 9/11. People who think Iraq is about 9/11 are overlooking some very BIG things along the way, and if they think attakcing Iraq will make us safer from Al qaeda, well, that is just another huge misconception.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I sympathize for the bad taste in your mouth.
                    Statistical anomaly.

Comment

• GEPAP - YOU ARE SO STUPID IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME TO BEGIN!

BUT THEN AGAIN YOUR FROM A LATIN COUNTRY SO I GUESS IT MAKES SENSE.................

DONT YOU HAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE TO CLEAN OR SOMETHING??????

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!

DONT LIKE AMERICA? LEAVE.
                      LIKE AMERICA? VOTE BUSH.

Comment

• OK, time for a mod to ban this moron above , hopefully permanently, and if it is a DL, to get the genius (can such a person be called that?) behind it and ban them for some time.

Comment

• I like how those who are anti-war are rational (and dispassionate, I would assume). Those who see a purpose to it are passionate (and irrational, no doubt).

Or, as the guy earlier seemed to think, anyone agreeing with him is objective. Those who disagree are being subjective.

Or the French being quite right in stating their views and preferences, and pushing aggressively for them; while the Yanks are being just plain silly in expressing their views and preferences...

Tis funny.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Pro-war people become irrational when they get themselves worked up on an anti-french froth, just like anyone is irrational if they work themselves up on some 'rage' againt something.

So yes, the irrationality in this thread is quite real, and more pathetic than funny, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by cinch
                              NYE: I am satisfied with that response. I kinda regretted posting it at first, but I'm just glad I didn't offend a fellow Edmontonian.
                              np. Takes a bit more for me to take offence after long enough hanging out in such dens of blather.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                                Pro-war people become irrational when they get themselves worked up on an anti-french froth, just like anyone is irrational if they work themselves up on some 'rage' againt something.

So yes, the irrationality in this thread is quite real, and more pathetic than funny, really.
                                Anti-war people become irrational when they get themselves worked up on an anti-Bush froth, just like anyone is irrational if they work themselves up on some 'rage' againt something.

So yes, the irrationality in other threads is quite real, and more pathetic than funny, really.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X