Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still 1998

Comment

Well then Congrats, you got your book to be a winner pretty easily .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Howabout Dune: House Atreides Imran?
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Come on... you know that sequals generally suck .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

It's a prequel.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

You know, I don't think there's a single thing in my collection worth reading that qualifies for this round...

Wraith
              Member of the Vogon Poetry Forum

Comment

Same difference.

Comment

Ok, ok, after some complaints/problems, I'm dropping the timeline back to 1993. Happy?

Comment

Woohoo!

I want How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove.

Comment

Unfortunately, Turtledove published his first novel in 1987.

Comment

I nominate Greg Egan's Diaspora.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I'll allow the Egan (mighty big o' me, huh?) though his first novel was released in 1992... but in a very limited run.

Comment

--"Ok, ok, after some complaints/problems, I'm dropping the timeline back to 1993. Happy? "

I wasn't complaining, just stating a fact. I haven't been reading many new authors lately. Lack of time/space/money (take your pick).

Sadly, expanding it to 1993 did not change matters...

Wraith
                            Don't destroy the world in the first chapter. You'll need it later.

Comment

I'll take another shot at Vinge. A Deepness in the Sky.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

I'm nominating Slaughtermatic by Steve Aylett.

An ultraviolent and humorous journey through the city of Beerlight. Features hacking, bank robbing, time travel, an endless book that offers no escape, and guns guns and more guns.

A book with its own nervous system, Slaughtermatic follows Dante Cubit through the streets of Beerlight as he hunts for a crime mentor, tangling with Chief Henry Blince and the hitman Brute Parker on the way. Real satire amid the bomb zombies, scary clowns and needle bars of the city. All kinds of hassle with the locals, breaking our man in half. No escape from a trap that expands with you.
                                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                                X