No announcement yet.

I've been indicted on multiple charges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, thankfully it all worked out all right, but you should know that your actions were VERY dumb... though I think you do, so at least that's good. Never take a chance, especially that way (5 am, in a car in the front yard). If you can't wait until she's 18, be more careful.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogan Josh
      After hearing the details I think you were crazy to make a plea bargin. You did nothing wrong and I really don't believe that US juries are that loony! In Europe, even if you had done anything (which it seems you hadn't) then it still wouldn't be a crime. Whereas the mother's actions definitely were.

Justice has not been served

PS: And you should dump the gf. I don't believe she couldn't talk her parents out of pressing the charges if she wanted it bad enough. You have to face facts - it is obvious she doesn't care for you as you do for her.
      While in some instances I think it would be alright for a 16 year old girl sleep with a 25 year old man, in the majority I think it is damaging to the girl. That's a large age difference spanning some very important years of development. It is from relationships such as these that many of our teenage pregnancies occur. Normally it involves a man who is immature for his age with respect to sex / romance and a girl who is having trouble at home, and / or who has had a troubled relationship or no relationship with her father. Both get something from the relationship in the short run, but neither get what they really need in the long run. I'll leave the specifics of Korn's situation out of this, as they may be different, but I do see some value in the law. I have seen too many situations where older men serially prey upon younger girls to simply write this off as prosecutorial malfeasance.

As for the girl, I certainly don't have enough information to simply write her off either. Forcing anyone give up their relationship with their parents in order to continue a romantic relationship is asking an awful lot IMO, especially from a 16 year old. Aside from a fairly predictable reaction from the girl's mother I don't see how one can judge the parents from the limited amount of information provided. While they may not have handled the situation as you would have, I can't say that their actions are bad enough that the girl would be better off without them.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• As for the girl, I certainly don't have enough information to simply write her off either. Forcing anyone give up their relationship with their parents in order to continue a romantic relationship is asking an awful lot IMO, especially from a 16 year old. Aside from a fairly predictable reaction from the girl's mother I don't see how one can judge the parents from the limited amount of information provided. While they may not have handled the situation as you would have, I can't say that their actions are bad enough that the girl would be better off without them.
        Sikander is right

not only that, the law is completely on the parents side, if in my particle case, she had of just ditched her parents they could have had the police look for her as a runaway which is illegal, also the particular area we live in is economically depressed, and getting jobs is a fairly intensive task, sometimes it is even difficult to get a job at a fast food place around here...a friend of mine has a bachelor's degree, and because he didn't want to move away, after a month or so of looking, all he could get was a job at a burger joint; additionally when you leave a place, especially under less than ideal circumstances you not only give up your family, but you give up your friends as well. plus there isn't any type of public transportation around here; if she had of set off in her car, which is in her parent's name they'd have probably charged her with car theft. we talked about it all, and i'm happy with the choices we made since this has happened. before we made some bad choices, but we weren't the only ones. however, the way the law is set up, it doesn't matter. legally i was the only one making questionable choices. like i said if we'd all set down and talked and about this before or after this happened as reasonable people none of this would have happened, but since we didn't it turned out like this.

when i have more time i'll respond to the rest of the points, because i've had lots of time to put lots of thought into it.

Comment

• I'm not condemning the girl as a person. I do think Korn should write off the relationship with her...

Comment

• .. if just because of the parents, George?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Have you guys ever watched Jerry Springer?

What makes anyone think that the law can, or should, do anything about this?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Well it could try to prevent much older people (like 40ish) from preying on 17 year olds. I'm sure that was the reason for the legislation. However, I can also see why people would want to prevent, say, college seniors from enticing 17 year old girls as well.

As much as the law may suck, I can definetly see why it is there. After all, they are still minors under the law and thus under the control of their parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  .. if just because of the parents, George?
                  No. F*ck the parents. It's the girl. She is either a child or doesn't love him that much. Both reasons to leave her. If he keeps sniffing around her, he has no self-respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                    Have you guys ever watched Jerry Springer?

What makes anyone think that the law can, or should, do anything about this?
                    Free us. Send in the Yugolav bombers!

Comment

• No. F*ck the parents. It's the girl. She is either a child or doesn't love him that much. Both reasons to leave her. If he keeps sniffing around her, he has no self-respect.

Easy to say, hard to do . Like Sikander said, it is difficult to leave a family setting over a relationship... but also, if you really do love the girl, it is hard to leave the relationship. It ain't an easy task is all. He may not have self-respect in your eyes, but he's gotta figure out for himself how much self-respect matters vs. love and do a balancing test.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

Free us. Send in the Yugolav bombers!
                        I don't know that it's that funny. I saw a documentary about Texas in which a 13 year old boy was taken to court because of truancy and grounded by the judge and ordered to keep his room tidy. Is this an invasion of personal liberty by the state or what?

And why are all the people on Springer's show horribly ugly?
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I saw a documentary about Texas in which a 13 year old boy was taken to court because of truancy and grounded by the judge and ordered to keep his room tidy. Is this an invasion of personal liberty by the state or what?

That's the problem when you make schooling mandatory. But what else ya gonna do? Making it voluntary would not be a good idea, IMO.

Comment

I don't know that it's that funny. I saw a documentary about Texas in which a 13 year old boy was taken to court because of truancy and grounded by the judge and ordered to keep his room tidy. Is this an invasion of personal liberty by the state or what?

Free us from our trailer-trash selves...

Comment

I think it would be more funny if we caned him. I think about 80 percent of the people I knew wanted that little whippersnapper American to get his bottom paddled in Singapore. Heck, we should do that with adults. Attractive female adults. With "Rogues Gallery" photos. Yes, that's the ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
                                so super sneak and AH were right

But you said earlier in the thread that we weren't, so why should we believe you now?
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X