What is your IQ (take the test online)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    dissident, welcome to the club It's lonely up here and windy too, but it's always good to laugh at these losers.
    What club is that? The Liars club?
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

It's the club of blessed men. I'm sorry, you're application was turned down, but you can join the jealous men club!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I was going to take it, but it asked me which region I was from, and I could not truthfully answer that question. It didn't even have an other option.

so I just put what score I knew I would get if I had taken the test.

Comment

I got 126. Around what I've expected, but to be honest, I could do better.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            I was going to take it, but it asked me which region I was from, and I could not truthfully answer that question. It didn't even have an other option.

so I just put what score I knew I would get if I had taken the test.
            200 / 157... sigh.

you could have at least read the max score.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

142. But I had to add two years to my age and pretend to be in the 16-19 group. There wasn't one for under 15.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

How exactly does the scoring on this thing work? There are different "maximums" for different age groups? Very confusing.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

JW; You scare me man...
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Comment

Why does anyone place any store in these things? Haven't these been shown not to be any indication of intelligence? At best, they only test how much of a nerd you are.

(BTW, I had to work on Saturday. I hardly ever work Saturdays. When I came in, I was amused by one of my collegues reaction: "Why are you in today? I thought you were one of these physicists who had a life.")

Comment

Looks like my virtual beast is the biggest. That's only fair, because it's the truth in real life too .
                        As I said Pekka, there are a few people here who I'm pretty sure have higher IQs than that, actually being serious

JW: Because the average for each agegroup should be 100, and older people are generally less sharp than younger people. It is not to copmpare between age groups, but relative to people your own age.

Rogan Josh: While I agree they don't mean much, if you wanted to measure basic intelligence, logic, memory, skill with numbers and letters and perception seem pretty key skills and measures. While I don't put much store by any measure of intelligence (general intelligence is impossible to measure accurately, so many factors) I cannot think of a better way than IQ tests. They ahve been shown to have positiove correlations with degrees, post grad qualifications, etc.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Drogue, I am sure of that. And all of them are not blessed, and if I can choose if I had the highest IQ or the massive beast?.. I'd go for the beast.

Only a stupid man would go for the IQ.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Only a stupid man would go for the IQ.
                            A new sigline
                            Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                              They ahve been shown to have positiove correlations with degrees, post grad qualifications, etc.
                              Yeah. But you know, positive correlations can mean a lot of thing. Have you heard that a british study in the 1930s found a positive correlation between radios per capita and the per capita number people in mental institutions and confused it to causal relationship...

Comment

No I hadn't, and I'm not saying IQ tests cause intelligence. However, you could say about radios, that the more radios they had in 1930, generally the more technologically advanced the society was, and as societies become more advanced, they tend to label disorders more. Thus there could be a relation between the advancedment of a society and the number of recorded mental illness cases.

However, even if having a high IQ does not make you automatically intelligent, I think it has been shownb before that someone with a high IQ is a lot more likely to be intelligent than someone without. It isn't foolproof at all, but it is the best measure we currently have, IMHO. I agree, that does not make IQs very meaningful, although I wouldn't call them meaningless.
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X