No announcement yet.

What is your IQ (take the test online)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your IQ (take the test online)?

This is a National IQ test the British Nation are being asked to do, its run by the BBC.

I did the test and my IQ is 111 (average I suppose)

The first iq-test, and a couple of other tests, where constructed by the French psychologist Binet in the first years of the 20th century. The aim of his tests was to make a usable tool to find children with learning disabilities. He himself pointed out, this test only had a limitied value. General intelligence is not something that's additive. He also warned that the test shouldn't be used to rank children...

Comment

136 for me.

Might have been a bit better if done in my native language/culture.

Comment

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I got 141 on that test, or 69 out of 70 right. It seems like a good general test, but being a general test, doesn't go that high (only up to 142 for my age group IIRC). Also, I think the average on the night was 102, which means the test might be a little of centre (100 should be the average). You could argue that the people that took it on the night aren't that representative, but there were over 200,000 of them, which is a pretty good sample.

Winston 136 not in your native language is fantastic, especially considering the idioms and very english phrases used in one of the first sections.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I got 184.. pretty good.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re the average score being off centre.

Like all tests / surveys / votes etc, the result is weighted by the fact that those participate are representaive of people that 'want' to do the test. My general conclusion from this is that people that are perhaps inclined or likely to get a lower result would not have the motivation to take the test in terms of 'impessing their freinds / relatives etc' or just didnt want their stupidity confirmed.

I was suprised I didnt get more, my only excuse was that I was interrupted half way through. Just happy to have come above average.

Very Good scored some of you - I wonder what the Apolyton group average will be?

Finally I realise there are some British Cultural aspects to the test but guess this will only make a moderate difference to non UK citizens (perhaps 5% margin).

Comment

About 4 or 5% would be my guess for most different cultures, but a bigger difference for language (depending on how well you speak it). Basically, if you speak a different 1st language, it's better to take it in your own language, anything else won't really be accurate.

Pekka: I don't think it quite goes that high
                Smile

Comment

Drogue, and that's why it's so special score.
                  I proved I can do anything if I really put my mind into it.. mind over matter guys..
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

120, but I pretty much guessed the parts when you needed good knowledge of English, so if this was taken in Hebrew I would've gotten at least another 15 points.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      I got 184.. pretty good.
                      Yeah, I thought 175 is the limit?

But you are beyond it
                      Blah

Comment

BeBro: on this test, for anyone between 18 and 25, 142 is the limit. IQ in all there is no limit, but it is virtually impossible to have accurate scores over 180, as either it is right at the top range of the test, or it is a 'power test' which are very subjective.

Besides, I think there are a few people here at 'Poly that have IQs higher than Pekka
                        Smile

Comment

I would have done a lot better if I was over 70.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Language: 11/12
                            Memory: 12/12
                            Logic: 19/22
                            Numbers: 11/12
                            Perception: 12/12

Comment

As found out in the last intelligence thread, there are a lot of clever 'Polytoners.

to everyone.
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X