Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over zealous Candian women can't get a joke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over zealous Candian women can't get a joke...

"Son for sale" ad placed on Internet
    Thu May 8,11:34 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A man who jokingly offered his five-year-old son for sale on the Internet has had to explain himself to police after a complaint from a concerned web surfer.

Police officers visited Alex Wilson at his Scottish home after being alerted by a Canadian woman who spotted the offer on a website selling bicycles and prams, the Times reported on Friday.

"Hyperactive kid for sale, good at vacuuming, not great at washing dishes because he's too short," the advert read. "Guaranteed to annoy. Five pounds or nearest offer."

Wilson, 33, of Carrickstone, placed the ad as a joke about two years ago to tease his son Liam, now aged seven. He then forgot all about it until he heard from the police, the Times said.

"The police officer was quite jokey at the end of the conversation, but said I'd have to remove the advert," Wilson told the newspaper.

all just a cover of deniability for a sinister underground child selling scheme.

dont be fooled!

Comment

"It is precisely when humour is offensive that we need it most. Comedy should provoke; it should blast through prejudices, challenge preconceptions. Comedy should always leave you different than when it found you.

Sure, humour can hurt and even alienate, but the risk is better than the alternative -- a steady diet of innocuous, childproof, flavourless mush.

Demand to be challenged, to be offended, to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults and raise your children to be the same. Don't let a comedian, a network, a congressional committee, or an evil genius take away your freedom to laugh at whatever you want."

- Duckman, Joking the Chicken

Both parties are in the right on this one.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

yeah I saw that...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A joke isn't the only thing some of those fat old ladies can't get.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

is the canadian woman series? how blind can you get?

did she NOT GET that when a person sells his 5 y/o son, and writes about his lacking dish washing skills - HE ISN'T ****ING SERIOUS!!!

I'm willing to bet that the same woman is also a live participant in all sorts of silly lobbies against things she knows nothing about, like tv, or movies, or games, general fun, and constantly fights to protect children, and eventually the human race, from thinking on it's own!

Comment

~"Blame Canada! Blame Canada!"~

Comment

the apocalypse draws ever nearer

Comment

Sirotnikov - How much for the kid in you avatar ? ... including shipping & handling charges ?

You have to remember that Canada was populated by children bought by the early fur traders in exchange for beaver pelts.

Can the kid in the avatar at least wash dishes ?
                  Last edited by Uncle Sparky; May 11, 2003, 14:45.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The kid in my avatar is myself at age 6.

Go here for details:

Comment

A joke isn't the only thing some of those fat old ladies can't get.
                      Oddly the article fails to detail the complainents province of residence.

Now that would be a thread!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                      X