Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to have a California 'poly meet/piss up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what dates are we looking at now?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      MTG: Hey you lived one street over from Revolution? Wow, I've been to that bullfighting area a few different times in the last twenty years. I also went to the lakeside rodeo with a girlfriend who grew up in Montana; she kept telling me the rodeo was cool and I didn't believe her... until I actually went to one.
      It's the same road, but when it goes around the bend and heads east, it changes names to Blvd. Agua Caliente. We were off the back of the back of the parking lot, so two blocks and a short turn from Agua Caliente on one side, and three block from the Ensenada free road on the other side. Now we're over in Playas, which (where we are, anyway) is a lot quieter and more family oriented.

Boys: I think we've decided on the city our meet will occur in. San Diego has lots to do, many tourist attractions, nice beaches, and is a great base to make day trips into Mexico. On top of that the flights/hotels are pretty reasonable on expedia.
      The vacancy rates at the hotels is pretty high, so prices are real reasonable compared to "normal" levels.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Here is a four page list of things to do and see in San Diego. There should be plenty to do for everyone from singles guys on up to families with small kids.

A partial list includes:
        The world Famous San Diego Zoo (most species of any zoo world wide) & wild animal park,

Sea World & Legoland (big with the kiddies),

The Gas Lamp Quarter (Fine Dinning & lots of night clubs),

Balboa Park (the cities central park),

Dozens ofmMuseums & theaters,

250 miles of white sand beachs & warm ocean water (great surfing too),

Deep sea fishing (tuna and Barracuda are my favorites),

Nearly a half dozen state parks and one major National Park.

For more follow the link or just google.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          so what dates are we looking at now?
          I think Assur said he'd be going to San Diego in late June and Fez said he'd be there sometime in Aug.. Maybe we should have people say which dates would work best for them?

I'm wide open so it just kind of depends when it would be best for everyone else.

Comment

Oh and to clarify, "some cab drivers and vendors" was actually one cab driver and I can't remember if it was TJ or Jaurez.

Comment

we should shoot for a weekend so i can fly down for the weekend in august. im actually going to be flying to SF the weekend of august 22nd-25th. but any other weekend would work out.

also ill be starting school in seattle mid july. so july will be really a hectic time for me. but after that all settles down, or before it starts up id be ready to go.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by GP

I talked to some vendors and cab drivers there who erally didn't like any of that. Said that it inhibited tourism.
                Oh yeah, it's all competing self-interest. Extorting gringos would be great fun, but it does have penalties. A lot of times though, the people really are driving like **** and deserve to get pulled over, but they probably aren't spectacularly out of line with every other driver on the road. I've seen a quite a few though that I really wish would get hauled down.

In all the time I've been down there, I've only gotten pulled over once, and that was for a flagrantly illegal U-turn, but in the middle of the night with nobody around. LTEC! was there, though, so between that and the fact I lived there, the guy realized the most he was going to get was a trip to the station to fill out the paper work, so I got the pro-forma warning, and end of story.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Well, I'm going to have to sign off for the night. I have to go to the gym and then get ready for a date.

I'll check back with this thread tomorrow but until then if people could keep posting the dates which they could attend a 'poly meet in San Diego/Tijuana this summer then we can proceed from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    Hey, why don't we all go to Fresno, its in the middle, and the airport is generally empty!
                    Hey the rooms are cheap too.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I should be there from mid-May to mid-August.

Comment

Me and a bunch of other posters, including MtG meeting... I got a very bad feeling about this...
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I'm a little afraid of you Fez

I would prefer if you left your guns.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I would prefer if you left your guns.
                            I don't have any..... yet.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I think it will be great! provided i show up of course.

Comment

Yeah MRT, aren't you just hopping up and down wanting to meet me?

Comment

Working...
                                X