Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to have a California 'poly meet/piss up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are we going to have a California 'poly meet/piss up?

Those rotten Brits have gone and got me jealous of them by organizing a 'poly meet in England were everyone got together, drank to much, and had a generally good time. So when are we going to have a California Apolyton users meet? I know there are enough of us out there and if we hold it in a nice coastal resort city then we might even get a few out of staters to pop on by.

What do you folks think? I'd love to meet a few of you in real life.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

come to Chicago
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To cold. I like warm places.

Comment

I'm not allowed out anymore since that incident with the mailman

Where would you suggest?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

San Diego or San Fransisco would be great with me. Both cities have plenty of things to do and air fare wouldn't cost to much. It would really depend if we find more posters from northern or southern California; we should make the location central so the fewest number of people would have to travel.

I'm living in NorCal but all my family is in SoCal so I get a free room reguardless.

Comment

the thing is that people like japher and i are norcal and youre socal and a great 500 odd miles seperates us. maybe if we had it in monterey or santa barbara it could work.

I wouldnt mind a meetup so long as i had drinks bought for me considering im not of legal age yet.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Santa Barbara is a great town plus I lived there for 5 years and still have friends there so I'd still get a free room.

Airfare is expensive there though. As are hotel rates.
              Last edited by Dinner; May 8, 2003, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                To cold. I like warm places.
                Are you kidding? It's ****ing hot and humid in Chicago during the summer. I have friends in SanFrancisco, but other than that, nothing that would take me to CA.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I ain't going to LA, Striker is down there. That dude scares me.

We had an Apoly meet up here a few years ago, Winston was in town from Dane-land and mindseye was moving to China, so they and pchang were over to the Stenhuset.

A good time was had by all. I'd be up for it again.
                  Be the bid!

Comment

Who said i was gonna fly? i was thinking about driving, but if its going to be in norcal, then who knows. im going down to LA on may 29th and ill be there for 3 days, but im spending my time with my friend at UCLA.
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Las Vegas is central!

Of course its not in Cali

Flights are cheap

Rooms aren't

But you could when a lot of money and get free drinks

Then get too drunk and loose all your money

but it would be fun...

I'm goin to be Santa Barbra at the beginning of August IIRC

Hey, why don't we all go to Fresno, its in the middle, and the airport is generally empty!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

For some reason, Striker reminds me of Ted Nugent...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Im going to be in school after july 14th. The best time for me would be in the next 2 weeks...of course no one should bend over backwards for me...unless they are a horny gymnist

Comment

Lost Wages (Las Vegas) might be fun but I just got back from their a week ago. I was up $50 and one of my friends I went with has a compulsive gambler for a dad so we even got a comp room at the Treasure Island (not the best hotel but it was free).

I'd be down to go any where (except Fresno, ick) that is convient for everyone else. What sort of time frame should we shot for?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              Are you kidding? It's ****ing hot and humid in Chicago during the summer. I have friends in SanFrancisco, but other than that, nothing that would take me to CA.
                              You could always come to the 'poly meet. Besides if it's so hot in Chicago then why not cool off in Cali?

Comment

Working...
                              X