X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a fat bastard.

Comment

It was about having collective sex through the unexpected end
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

But are you a banned bastard?

EDIT: I just read Spiffor's post.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Damn, I don't think I've ever seen anyone as wested as he is now. I wonder how much of that gin he had.... Ah well, what I have had has worn out by now...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The next off topic or mean spirited post is going to get somebody in BIG TROUBLE....
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

anyway...

could we get a less biased source up on here outlining this new law?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                All it did was hurt people. They didn't want that type of protection.
                There are always exceptions, yet most labour laws exist to correct some imbalances between companies and workers.

Originally posted by rah
                So while I may dissagree with some of the things being proposed (once it's verified of course ) There are a few changes that could be beneficial to the blue collar worker.
                I doubt it. The conditions that caused these laws to come into being still exist. AFAIK, these conditions have worsened in recent years, as compared to, say, the 1990's.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

wow, can't believe I was that drunk that early in the day. hope I provided entertainment to all involved.

there, of course, are already plenty of ways that companies subvert workplace regulations as is, such as harsh limits on bathroom breaks for Walmart employees but the chipping away of it is probably only going to continue...
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?

You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal...
                    LMAO!
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I'm sorry, you've called che a criminal and a pig in the space of two posts.

Well, he's called Bush worse. Giving him some of his medicine.

--

Oh, and if true, I agree with the Bush proposals. Plato and rah show why the arcaic rules regarded overtime need to be junked, especially for federal employees.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                        Sure, why not? As to employing kids, that sounds like a parenting problem, not a government problem, and certainly not my problem.

As to lower wages, people should get paid what they are worth in terms of labor. What they are worth is simply what the corporation is willing to pay them and what they will accept. There's no coercion.
                        Floyyd is right. The sooner Che learns that the better. Then he'll be better able to take care of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          After hours they wanted to hang around and do special projects, (like rebuiding rusted out old classics) It was afterhours so they drank a few beers and really took their time. They didn't feel that they should get time and a half for putzing around. So we made them "quasi managers" and paid their extra time as a bonus calculated on a % of what those special projects for eventually sold for.
                          How was that a problem? Would it have been ok if you had paid them on a contract per car?
                          “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

We could have paid them a bonus/contract per car but we still would have had to pay them 1.5 for the overtime hours they worked on site. The department of Labor was quite specific. Any hours over the standard workweek on site. Overtime. We were under close scrutiny due to a claim made by a disgruntaled ex-employee for a totally different reason. Otherwise no one would have even know what we were doing.

The claimed that any such arrangments were just ploys to get around the overtime regulations. And since that's what we were trying to do, even though for good reasons, it was impossible to challenge it.

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"Any hours over the standard workweek on site. Overtime."

But those hours were not ordered by the employer. Looks a bit overreaching. If people have a party at the office, do they get paid overtime, too?
                              “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Partying and working projects are two totally different things. But if done together, it's still considered work.

We even tried making them supervisors for the apprentices, but since they still actually did production work 90% of the time, that was dissallowed also. It's hard to say they supervisors when they have a grinding wheel in their hand.

RAH
                                This was over 20 years ago.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X