EU Gets Sanctions Go-Ahead Against U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just my legalese upbringing.
    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
      Not quite, as Polish farmers will be given only 25% of the subsidies that farmers in EU will get, and may add no more than 15% to if from its own budget.
      How come Poland gets screwed that much ? I'd have supposed it would have used all its haggling weight on this issue, even at the cost of others
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

How come Poland gets screwed that much ? I'd have supposed it would have used all its haggling weight on this issue, even at the cost of others
        That's what they did, as originally EU proposed to give even less. It is supposed to be like that in the first years only (I don't remember how much exactly, I think it was 9), but it's like that example with restaurants;
        in that time, the concurence shall be too big for many Polish farmers.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Working...
        X