No announcement yet.

Your paranormal abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...oh, and I also know people, before they get famous...

There was this actor, that I have hated all my life... but it wasn't until recently he got famous... He haven't acted in any movie I have heard of, until the day he got famous... but I still knew about him... I don't know anyone who has seen his previously movies, before the movie that made him famous...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My involvement in any discussion immediately leads to someone being offended.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
        I get deja vu a lot. Usually the "remembered" moments only last half a minute or so though.
        Me too!

There is this friend of mine with whom I'm sure I have a psychic link. We say the same things way too often...
        Again, me too - we can work like a really good double act sometimes

Oh, I can create an aura around myself that makes people leave me alone. I employ that one on the bus all the time.
        The Somebody Else's Problem Field...my friend can do that one. I can't

And I am completely incapable of making a decision that will have an impact on my life.
        Um...yeah. I tend to flip a coin or use an 8-ball
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
          This is by design (of the lamps). It keeps you in a wee bit of darkness while exposing anyone ahead or behind you alongside the walkway. They use motion detectors. It took me a long time to figure this out watching it happen to people every night on the street below.
          Not around here, because there's only one other person I know that this happens to. I've tried to play with it before. I'll be in a group of people, and a couple of them can walk ahead of me, but it only goes out when I approach.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            I think I have come up with a good scam.
            Eddy!

First we get Skanky to go around causing computers to breakdown, then we have you charge loads of $ to stare at them.

Good scam. Inextricably, all of my relatives have the ability to make a computer not work, but only when alone, thus requiring me to come over and fix it...the first funny but now tiring part is when I walk to the computer and find nothing wrong...

OR

I'll tell them whut to do (on the computer), and it still won't work. I walk over to it and do the exact same thing as I told them to do, and it works! They say they did the same thing too.... Hmm...
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I wouldn't call it an ability, or even paranormal - but if I'm in a bad mood and I flick a light switch, the bulb blows.

Personally I put it down to a negatively charged aura popping the bulb. And for for those who deny that auras (`biometric fileds`) exist, I suggest you pop the word Kirlian into a search engine.

It costs me a lot in light bulbs though when I'm having a bad day. Maybe I should invest in a box of candles for those occasions. Them again, there's the fire hazard to consider.
              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Kirlian Auras, you say?

Living things...are moist. When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object. This moisture is transferred from the subject to the emulsion surface of the photographic film and causes an alternation of the electric charge pattern on the film. If a photograph is taken in a vacuum, where no ionized gas is present, no Kirlian image appears. If the Kirlian image were due to some paranormal fundamental living energy field, it should not disappear in a simple vacuum (Hines).
                Article which quotes the quote I quoted

Comment

SIX years ago I dreamed I was in the top of WTC Tower 1 on 9/11. When the attack occured I instantly remembered the dream. I just kept staring at the TV in school. When I told my teacher about my dream everybody was shocked. People started calling me a prophet, it was unreal.

Comment

Not to rain on your parade, but your memory of the dream might not be entirely reliable. The elapsed time and the psychological shock of September 11 could very well have altered the memory. If true, however, very scary.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

i have an incredibly good skill at making a 69th post in threads.
                      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                        SIX years ago I dreamed I was in the top of WTC Tower 1 on 9/11. When the attack occured I instantly remembered the dream. I just kept staring at the TV in school. When I told my teacher about my dream everybody was shocked. People started calling me a prophet, it was unreal.
                        people have billions of dream every night. It is obvious that when dreams we remember seem prophetic, we remember them well.

Its if clouds can take billions of shapes, we remember ones that we can relate to... prophetic dreams are pure chance.
                        :-p

Comment

Re: Your paranormal abilities

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

-If I find a girl I know attractive, she is Catholic. No exceptions.
                          I have something like this too :

If I find a girl I know Catholic, she is not always attractive.

Not sure it is paranormal though ...
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Yeah, just like your paranormal ability to delude yourself.

You type of people think that you have all the answers.....Yet you don't even know what your talking about when it comes to this.

You DEFINATELY don't know what your talking about at all.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by tinyp3nis
                              I have an excellent bull**** detector. It's of the scale now.
                              So you're Finnish uh? You know, I read a lot. Especially things that have to do with history. I find that **** fascinating. In fact, I don't know if you know this or not, Finns were spawned by frogs.

It's a fact. Finns have frog blood pumpin' through their hearts. If you don't believe me, look it up. You see, hundreds and hundreds of years ago the French conquered Helsinki. And French are frogs. Way back then, Finns were like the wops in northern Europe. Blond hair, blue eyes. But, once the frogs moved in there, they changed the whole country. They did so much f****' with the Finnish women, they changed the blood-line for ever, from blond hair and blue eyes to black hair and dark skin. I find it absolutely amazing to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, Finns still carry that frog gene. I'm just quotin' history. It's a fact. It's written. Your ancestors were frogs. Your great, great, great, great, great-grandmother was f**** by a frog, and had a half-frog kid. That is a fact. Now tell me, am I lyin'?
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well, I've had the occasional premonitory dream, but only about insignificant stuff. When important things came along, there was no dream that I could remember, but somehow I knew how they were going to end.

Also, things have the tendency to "go my way" most of the time. The rest of time, I seem to have streaks of unbelievably bad luck, when nothing seems to work, but even then I seem to end that chain of events to my advantage. For instance, in high school everybody (and especially the teachers) told me the best carreer I could possibly get would as unskilled construction worker, interpreting my unwillingness to study and lack of interest to get good grades as stupidity. I ignored them and passed the university admission exams on the top half of the list. I never bothered too much to study, yet I always knew I would get to university. After that, at university, I always knew when I was going to pass an exam, even when I didn't study for it.

After university, I went to hundreds of interviews, but in only one occasion there was this little nagging feeling that something was different about that interview. And I was right: 2 weeks later they called me to say I got the job.

About 2 years later, I went to work one morning with the distinct feeling that something bad was about to happen and just before lunch I was fired. That was in the summer of 2001, and until october last year I went through several jobs and was getting more and more desperate until I found my cuurent job. Again, just as I began the interview I knew I had some hope here and when I started working I got the distinct feeling that I was here to stay.

A lot of things seem to happend the way I want them to happen, even if I don't do anything in that direction. So far, I have been unsuccessful in 2 ways: getting rich overnight and finding a new girlfriend after the last one abandoned me last year when things seemed to go downhill.

Still, the strangest paranormal experience so far happened some years ago: I was still in university and struggling to pass one particularly nasty exam. I even resorted to studying, but I just couldn't pass it. Fortunately, the professor was in a very good mood and allowed me to take it again and again until I passed. Now comes the strange part: a few weeks before I actually passed that exam, my grandfather died. I cared a lot about him, as I practically grew up in his house until I was about 6, since my parents were too busy building their carreers, so I was hit very hard by his death. I was especially sad because even as he was dying he was still worried about me and kept asking my grandmother to make sure I am well prepared for the next time I take that exam. When I finally took it, for 2 nights in a row I woke up at night from a dream where my grandfather was shaking my hand, and saying how glad he was about it. The even stranger thing is, I woke up because at some point in the dream I was going "But you're supposed to be dead!" and then I was awake. I wasn't scared, though, and all I could think of was that I needed to get back to sleep as he still had things to tell me. I still don't remember what he said after that, if he said anything, but from that day forward I was very sure that things will turn out for the better, even when they're going downhll.

Also, when I meet someone for the first time face to face I know (well, most of the times) what kind of person they are. For instance, when my sister said about 2 years ago that she was going to marry her then boyfriend, this little voice inside my said my head kept saying there was something wrong with that boy, but I ignored it and supported my sister in front of my parents. Their marriage only lasted 6 months, as she discovered other sides of his character that she just couldn't bear to live with.
                                The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X