No announcement yet.

List of things banned by school text books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yah strangelove talk show hosts do like their condescending psycho-analyzing.

Comment

Strangelove
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This PC stuff is a bunch of BS! Why do people object to 'Founding Fathers", they were all men after all. I can't beleive that people whant to ban To Kill a Mockingbird too, it ticks me off. you can't even say "that sucks" or "thats gay" either.

Comment

you can't even say "that sucks" or "thats gay" either.

Well, you shouldn't say "that's gay", but why is "that sucks" banned?
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            you can't even say "that sucks" or "thats gay" either.

Well, you shouldn't say "that's gay", but why is "that sucks" banned?
            That sucks is a term from oral sex, and well, you know how puritanical the US is.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

That sucks is a term from oral sex, and well, you know how puritanical the US is.
              yea, i got yelled at by a teacher for telling a girl she sucked, the (female) teacher went off on me for about 20 minutes about what i was implicating.

(she does, by the way)
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I had a teacher go off on me for calling girl a filthy wench. Dammit, she had it coming.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

(she does, by the way)
                  the teacher or the girl student?

I find that many women suck, but I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

Comment

I stabbed a girl with a pencil in 4th grade.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

isn't that attempted murder?

If you did that now days that is what they would charge you with.

Comment

There was an article yesterday in the National Post (My new housemate likes the paper, which I cannot stand), on this topic.

They had one section describing how you cannot tell stories about mountain climbers because this is discriminatory to people who live in Kansas!

Unbelievable. Who's to blame for this?

According to the article, evil leftists.
                        Time for the pitchforks, folks.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 6, 2003, 18:07.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

They're not evil lefties. They're "ungood persons with politically-oriented liberalism."
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

What does that make Conservatives then?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

actually I heard some conservative supported this for some reason, so I cannot blame all lefties for this.

but either way it is stupid.

You can't keep changing words to describe things. Eventually you will just run out of words

Comment

There are terms that are offensive to certain groups of people, and those shouldn't be said, but free speech should still protect it. And then there is rewriting history, which is the most blasphemous thing I have ever heard. Not that I can speak of blasphemy, being as how I'm a hethen and all. But still, rewriting history makes me wanna hurl. Knowledge is power, for ****'s sake. You distort knowledge, you destroy our society. Ug, I'm being fatalistic. Stupid fascist liberals. I'm a liberal, but not like that. Gah. Bye.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X