Mayday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris: No you don't know me.

Well then you have nice ideals, but in the real world those ideas are just as likely to happen and just as distant from what happens in reality than the theories of the communists you despise.
    Really? I highly doubt that. My views would increase the size of the middle class and the standard of living. Communism does not.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic.
      I point it out when it happens. As for the fascist thing? I think you are the only one I've ever accused of loving Fascist ideals... maybe Albert Speer. But that's like calling the sky, "blue".
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why do you say that about Albert?
        I know, I have to take into consideration who's making the charge, still...
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

for mayday

and for Fez too, I've never laughed so much about the OT forum since he's back
          "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Why do you say that about Albert?
            I know, I have to take into consideration who's making the charge, still...
            uhhh you are joking, right?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No. This time I'm serious. I don't know.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I really wouldn't want to get into it here, but I first noticed it when he tried to say the Holocaust didn't happen.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, well. Now that's a little odd, I have to admit.

Comment

Hurray for May Day!
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                      Boris: No you don't know me.
                      Nope. Now ask yourself: Why would I or anyone else here want to, except for entertainment value?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin Maniac: Please tell me how you'd link Imperialism exclusively with Capitalism. Especially given that both the USSR and Communist China had/have Empires of a sort. Also how would you describe pre-capitalist (using Ingles definition here) Empires such as Mesopotamia, Eygpt, the Inca, etc... given that you have attributed Imperialism solely to capitalism?
                        I presume then we have a different definition of imperialism. You seem to mean every empire based on conquest and expansion, while I mean the specific situation of end-19th, begin+20th century capitalist countries such as GB, France, Germany, Russia, Italy, Belgium, USA and Japan (Did I miss any? ). A new wave of colonialism, with as most important reasons and characteristics: growing demand for colonial goods, raw materials for the industrial revolution, economic globalization, economic depression of +-1873-'93, hyper-competition between the capitalist countries (there weren't any non-capitalist major powers after all... ), decreasing prices, return to mercantilism, need for a larger consumer's market, population explosion, national prestige... You probably get the picture.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

We need more parades where they pull big missiles around...

Comment

Those missiles make me feel so inadequate.
                            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

They make me look bigger.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

at Fez-Sava debates
                                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                                X