Troll a sincere prolifer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll a sincere prolifer.

Spiffor suggested that the discussion in the protest thread be moved to here.

The protest thread:

What about killing germs? I mean, who knows we aren't wiping out a future evolutionary chain of intelligent, sentient beings.
    -Sava

Sperm and zygotes are "potential persons" in my eyes.
    - Asher

That might work, except for the fact that I am arguing zygotes are not potential persons, but actual persons.
    Asher, what justification do you have for classifying zygotes as potential persons? What makes them different from us?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

You are first considered a person when you're born, which is why we celebrate your birthdate and not your date of conception. IMHO, anyway.

I consider the zygotes and sperm as "potential persons" because they're both not persons yet. Sperm must be with an egg, and the fetus must be with the womb.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Those aren't very good trolls. Let me give it a shot...

"So, Obiwan, why do you hate women so much? "
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

A Zygote can't live on its own without the host. Without this link, it cannot grow. Therefore, it is not living.
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
          "So, Obiwan, why do you hate women so much? "
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In the future can you hyphenate pro-life please? I keep reading it was "profiler"...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

actually, in the life/choice arguement, I have lots of doubts.

For example, how do fetae (sp?) differ from people in coma on life support?

In the future can you hyphenate pro-life please? I keep reading it was "profiler

I read it as a something that means that lately, there have been to many trolls on apolyton. The "pro-liferation" of trolls.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                You are first considered a person when you're born, which is why we celebrate your birthdate and not your date of conception.
                That seems rather arbitrary...

But wait, any point chosen is arbitrary, and usually only serves to aid the arguments of whomever chose it.

Question: Does not every person have free will? And hence a consequent ability to have opinions and make choices that may sometimes differ from your own?

If you accept that statement, then you should accept it always, regardless of context, and no matter what your own free will allowed your opinions and choices to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  In the future can you hyphenate pro-life please? I keep reading it was "profiler"...
                  Hmm, I did too.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

me too, and I thought this thread would be interesting.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

This IS an interesting thread.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

loinburger:

Women are evil creatures created to tempt men into fallenness. Just ask Laz.

Asher:

Duly noted.

You are first considered a person when you're born, which is why we celebrate your birthdate and not your date of conception.
                        AFAIK the Chinese start from the date of conception. This is a societal quirk of the west.

I consider the zygotes and sperm as "potential persons" because they're both not persons yet. Sperm must be with an egg, and the fetus must be with the womb.
                        Dependency is a poor criterion for personhood, since we are all, in some degree, dependent upon one another for survival.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                          A Zygote can't live on its own without the host. Without this link, it cannot grow. Therefore, it is not living.
                          Human beings cannot live on their own without the Biosphere. Without this link, they cannot grow. Therefore, they are not living.
                          "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                            That seems rather arbitrary...

But wait, any point chosen is arbitrary, and usually only serves to aid the arguments of whomever chose it.

Question: Does not every person have free will? And hence a consequent ability to have opinions and make choices that may sometimes differ from your own?
                            A person does, a fetus/zygote doesn't. That's why there's a distinction.

Comment

Too much of a strech. Take my Coma example to suit your pov.

Btw, I am really undecided on this one.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X