No announcement yet.

White Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Panama is pretty stratefied. I think though the "upper classes" should be sub-divided. At the ery top are the very Rich, which not only holds land-owners but also real-estate holders and big shipping magnates and such. then you have a much larger (not not "huge") middle class of profesionals, immigrant businessmen (Indians, jews, Arabs, chinese) and then you have the poorer masses, though not all of them land-less peasants. You may not have been to Clon, which is a real nightmare: the decendents of the Afro-Caribbean laborers who built the canal live pretty poor and dangerous lives in the Caribean coast of Panama.

A lot of such retirees live nearer to the borders with Costa Rica, since the weather is more moderate there. if you make 100k a year in Panama they still view you as Middle Class (doctors can easily make this there, like here) but the standard of living for "middle class in Panama is much luxuriuous than in the US.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

OK I'm coming out.

I admit I live in a mobile home. This is so difficult to admit. Although the term now is manufactured home. It is a double wide, and fairly nice. But a mobile home is a mobile home. Which really is the same as a trailer .

That is why I made this thread.

But seriously despite owning a pickup truck and living in a mobile home and liking Nascar, I really don't have any other white trash tendencies.

Comment

that's ok Dissident, you're still a cool guy

Do you have the internet in that thing?
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I think the distinction between redneck and white trash is fuzzy, and more a matter of degree. I think Jerry Springer is an effective measure, but not conclusive.

Rednecks are immune to the effects of education, there being many college educated rednecks who remain rednecks thru and thru. White trash consider education a betrayal of sorts.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

of course I have the internet. It's not like I'm living on a trailer that has wheels . And that is the only place I post on Apolyton. That is the only internet access I have. Of course I have a cable modem to play games on.

Comment

Working...
            X