Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Poly poster would you most regret getting in an argument with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Poly poster would you most regret getting in an argument with?

Me? Definately DanS. He just has this horrible knack of grabbing facts from some mysterious source and pushing you down with them... it's like he knows everything

MtG. It can't possibly be pleasant to be bludgeoned into submission by facts.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

That didn't stop Mohammed Saaed al-Sahaf from getting in front of those cameras everyday...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

ButtNuget

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          That didn't stop Mohammed Saaed al-Sahaf from getting in front of those cameras everyday...
          I sincerely hope you weren't mocking the great man there.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Comstar's Mom
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Noone. But I know from whom I lost from. MtG.

Comment

If Mohammed Saaed al-Sahaf was posting here it would be the last person I would want to get into an argument with.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson

I sincerely hope you weren't mocking the great man there.
                  Certainly not. Anyone who can do that day after day and keep a straight face is deserving of praise. I definitely wouldn't want to get in a arguement with him, even over something as beneign as Pepsi or Coke?

Sadly, he's never been to Apolyton...so far as we know...

I'd have to agree on arguing with MtG. But I don't like getting into arguements, so I haven't butted enough heads to have a definitive answer.

Comment

MtG has gotten me in a tough spot many times... threw mountain loads of facts on me... I whimpered away... another poster I wanna avoid arguing with.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I've had some good experiences in arguing with MtG, so he can't be on my list.

I've also had some good experiences with Berzerker, even though he never admits being in the wrong.

Boris, lots of debates, marginal progress, no regrets.

loinburger.

I'll say ming. Always has to get the last word.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                        It's one thing to argue with a moderator...

...it's another thing to argue with a moderator's warning.

Just something everyone should think about next time they want to go a round with a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                          Don't you mean the last wink

Comment

Oh God, here we go...

Ming, time to grace us with your presence. Who do you like sparring with?

Comment

MTG is good to argue with. We are friends so I don't think we really try to take each other on. If you withstand the onslaught of facts and maybe do a little following up/reading you will learn some good stuff and he is willing to go with the discussion into the areas that you pursue (if you get some new stuff). And since he is pretty centric, he will usually be able to agree with you on some of the subissues as you investigate them.

I find Berzie rather annoying. He will have an argument over many posts and than come back with"I never said that". At which point we start to argue what he said. And he can't seperate the argument of the original issue (on it's merits, whatever they are) from the argument over what he said (which is simple reference to the previous posts). Well, it's a pain in the ass to talk with someone who can't dissect and instead insists on confounding. And he's not smart/interesting enough to justify spending the time on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X