No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Strategy Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he means those small handy programs that can edit saved files?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
      No biggy david42one this has been known for a long time now by most if not all of the old timmers here.

By that I am sure you know you are in good company with this knowledge. Experiment with it so you get familiar with the graphs and game details while using this. It is a good learning tool and the more familiar with it you are, the easier it is to spot when used.

The number one cheat that most still can not detect is the cheat pogs.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
      Yes, I have written about it before.

I stumbled over this in my "early" days of CTP, when I still played with my own mods and just was started playing CTP-PBEM.

Suddenly in the beginning of a game I did see whole map and I knew instantly, that I shouldn't be able to do that. As I only made one or two major changes when I played with my own mods, it was easy to spot what had happen.

Then I moved all experiments to our secondary pc to ensure a clean installation here on the pc, which is connected to the internet.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
        No biggy david42one this has been known for a long time now by most if not all of the old timmers here.

By that I am sure you know you are in good company with this knowledge. Experiment with it so you get familiar with the graphs and game details while using this. It is a good learning tool and the more familiar with it you are, the easier it is to spot when used.

The number one cheat that most still can not detect is the cheat pogs.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
        That's what upsets me, I did experiment with it after I saw Birdmans post, and I was able to add whatever ability I wanted to a wonder I already had in a game, and there would be no way to detect it. I know I won't use this, but I'm always going to wonder if other people are.
        Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
        - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

• Oh you can detect pretty much anything in this game, online or here, don't fret a cheat always comes out in the wash.

It is good you experiment with it keep your eye on the stats etc after a short time you will see how to spot it's use, even without game saves.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

@birdman
            i thought the text file modifications you make would only apply to the next player(s) in the game, not to yourself ... ?
            No, changes in certain files does ONLY apply to you, they are not carried over to the next player.

I do NOT know, if you add some productionadvantage to one of your own wonders is carried with - or if it is nullified by the next players normal values. Or something in between.

But what I do know is what I have written - what you have seen (the whole map fx) that you have seen and you can't forget it totally.
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• It probably depends what sort of effect you are working with. If it's a permanent effect like revealing the whole map it will affect you, but if it's one which takes effect at the start of the turn (like bonus resources) then it is likely to affect the subsequent player, rather than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                It probably depends what sort of effect you are working with. If it's a permanent effect like revealing the whole map it will affect you, but if it's one which takes effect at the start of the turn (like bonus resources) then it is likely to affect the subsequent player, rather than you.
                If you have PSP or PBRUSH then all you need is that and you have the whole map anyway..unfortunately

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                X