Lacero
    Maniac
    paramir
    PJayTycy
    Skanky Burns
    Zufrix

* = team leader and private forum moderator

Hercules wanted to be in too..

Seems we got a bunch of SMAC veterans here, not likely to just drop off as most people did in ACDG 3!

Hey, Googlie, you forgot to mention we will be playing Greeks!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Huh, I just read the 'What teams are playing thread'

Guys there seem to agree on having 3 preferences per each team.

I think the other preference for us could be Romans, they were pretty sympathetic to Greek culture and were vastly influenced by it.
      Arabs would be the third option then as they pretty much inherited the greekish culture and even continued works in some scientific areas after studying the greekish knowledge of them.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

count me in

Comment

I'd join you guys, but I've found demo games to use LOTS of time. Also, I have not been exposed to civ 4 yet and wish to avoid addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by arginine
            I have not been exposed to civ 4 yet and wish to avoid addiction.
            Resistance is futile.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Resistance is futile.
              Ain't that the truth.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

aaaargh - d/p.

Rock on AC!
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Hmmm.....haven't got Civ 4 yet myself, but if I end up getting it, I'll likely join in I suppose.
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Ditto, but buying Civ4 on Friday with aim of contributing to Civ4/SMAC mod

Oh, count me in for the DG, but I can only really particpate sporadically since my job is HARDCOREFULLTIMEBUSY
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

No problem Jamski.

You would probably want to check out ACDG forum, for a bit more private look at this team (you will know which thread ).

Comment

I just received an e-mail from the omnipresent Googlie about the CIV4 Demo game. After having been horribly disappointed by CIV3 I’m going to stay on the CIV4 sidelines for a while. I’ll keep tabs on the progress, and will be very interested in what Vel and other AC vets say. As I recall, after some breathless enthusiasm Vel’s impression of CIV3 soured pretty fast. Hopefully CIV4 will make a better impression and will be a little less linear. Who knows? They may have a game that is deeper than a slip of onion paper this time.

Hydro

Comment

Vel is already active at cIV strategy forums, yet it's not easy to distinguish what is his stance.

Comment

He plays it safe until he write's his assessment whether or not Yin will have a fancy meal.
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro
                              After having been horribly disappointed by CIV3 I’m going to stay on the CIV4 sidelines for a while. Hydro
                              I, too, found Civ III to be less than enthralling (although I thought "Conquests" did a better job at managing the AI than the vanilla version.)

Truth be told, I still reverted to the odd game of Civ II for a non-smac evening

But I am engrossed in Civ IV. Now that I have the graphics kinks ironed out (I invested in a new card, and then threw memory at the problem) I am trying a few hours every evening with a different civ and at a different diff level. So far my favourite is the Indians (that fast worker's extra movement point lasts throughout the game, whereas the other specialty units aren't worth a damn in many cases - e.g. I never built a Samurai as Japan - Musketeers came too soon thereafter.)

Comment

Working...
                              X