No announcement yet.

The Espionage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, Banana Demographics! I'll try to put something together soon to determine their standing in the major categories.

Comment

T122 & 123

mh
      Attached Files

Comment

T124:
        Templars will be able to see our research in ~4 turns if I read the values correctly. If there is a desire by the team to prevent that we could spend half of our epts (3) towards them to continuously raise the cost.

mh
        Attached Files

Comment

What do we currently get from sending all our epts at Imperio; are we maintaining visibility of their Demogs, or trying to see their research?

Comment

We are trying to catch up a bit:
            * to increase their espionage action costs. (they currently get ~5% discount from being so far ahead of us)
            * to deny them visibility of our research eventually (that will still take a while, but we have to start at some point, if they use another spy on us, they will currently loose visibility of our research)
            * to make their research visible (also still some way to go here)
            * to allow for future espionage actions from our spies, should we use that option.

At least that's how I see it.

mh

Comment

Alternatively we could go all out on PAL and see their research in ~10 turns (if they don't react). But I feel with Banana we have a reliable source for that info already.

mh

Comment

As of T129, we have lost visibility of Banana demographics. Cost is now 31 but we have just 30.

Let's calculate the equilibrium point where both teams have the minimum to see each other's demographics.

EP1 = (100 + EP2) * 0.30
                EP2 = (100 + EP1) * 0.30
                EP1 = EP2

which simplifies to

X = (100 + X) * 0.30
                3.3333X = 100 + X
                2.3333X = 100
                X = 42.85

Comment

I shuffled the epts accordingly.

mh

Comment

T132:
                    Note that the changes indicated are in relation to the last turn.
                    Most interestingly is Imperios switch to using the slider against us again.

Can someone with worldbuilder experience please double check that defenders are not wounded by a city revolt (from spies)?

"Can see" - overview
                    RB:
                    Demographs: Tem, Imp, PAL, Rab
                    Research: -

Tem:
                    Demographs: RB, Imp, PAL
                    Research: PAL

Imp:
                    Demographs: RB, Tem, PAL
                    Research: RB

Ban:
                    Demographs: PAL
                    Research: PAL

PAL:
                    Demographs: RB, Ban, Rab
                    Research: -

Rab:
                    Demographs: RB, Ban, PAL
                    Research: Ban, PAL

mh
                    Attached Files

Comment

Situation remains effectively the same. Imperio still runs the slider against us.
                      I checked in WB: Spy incited revolts do not harm garrison units.

mh
                      Attached Files

Comment

So what do we think that imperio is planning on doing with all those EP? cut both our coppers and/or horse? Incite revolt? Something else?

Comment

Should we be thinking of pushing a spy out of somewhere on the back lines in order to run a counter-espionage mission against them?

Maybe they're thinking of revolting Pink Dot for Templars?

Comment

If we make a spy I'd strongly prefer him to run back in forth between Templar and Imperio land and give us warning on what units might be moving forward.

Comment

probably a better idea to have 2 spies instead of 1 running back and forth. Should put a backyard city on a spy build.
                              Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"
                              Visit my Civ IV web site for information on mods that I am involved with or use and other Civ IV tools
                              woo hoo! My wife publishes her first book. Buy it now in paperback format at lulu and help me retire so I can write more BUG mod code.

Comment

T134:
                                Still Imperio slider against us.
                                Banana has come back from anarchy.
                                We have to drop them line about the 43ept level for demographics.

mh
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X