No announcement yet.

The Espionage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mh - does Imperio really have 176 eps against us? What happened to the -75 for the sabotage?

Comment

Scroll up to T112.

mh

Comment

D'oh! So even though we failed to catch him in flagrante, we know it was Imperio. Very covert

Comment

T115:

Imperio was in anarchy.

Rabbits are still spending 1ept towards us, despite our agreement not to do so.
          They also changed their spending towards PAL from 6 to 5.
          Now I am not so sure that the AI settled that Great Spy, but rather ran the slider, since the drop can be explained by the demise of Mountain Hutch.
          One wonders, what the Great Spy is up to? And one wonders, why the Rabbits player has not changed the slider setting!

mh
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mostly-harmless View Post
            Now I am not so sure that the AI settled that Great Spy, but rather ran the slider, since the drop can be explained by the demise of Mountain Hutch.
            Was the great spy settled IN Mountain Hutch, and thus destroyed in the raze?

Comment

That would be incredibly stupid.
              I guess slider, as they are still doing 6epts altogether compared to 7epts last turn.

mh

Comment

T116

PAL has recognised their real rivals and is focusing ept spending on Imperio and RB.
                Imperio (still running the slider) is clueless and increased their spending towards Rabbits.
                Rabbits epts further decline, confirming that they are still running the slider.
                They also spent epts towards us again, despite our agreement not to do so. Swiss is going to remind them.

mh
                Attached Files

Comment

T117:

Imperio cut back on the espionage slider. Now they spent their normal 4epts from the palace towards us.
                  Interestingly that coincides with Templars starting to spent epts towards us again. A concerted spy attack? Did we not suspect Templars of producing a spy earlier?

And a minor issue but still annoying, Rabbits keep on spending epts towards us, despite an agreement and two reminders. I am pretty sure we will loose sight of their demograph next turn if they continue to do it.

mh
                  Attached Files

Comment

T118:
                    Rabbits have seen sense (well, to some extent, they are still running the slider for +1epts!) and diverted all their epts towards PAL. So we can still see their demographs.

Imperios epts did not decrease due to the failed spy attempt.

mh
                    Attached Files

Comment

If what was posted above is true

See Research requires 0.75 * (100 + Our EP against them). I get 0.75 * (100 + 118) = 163.

Shouldn't Banana already be able to see PAL's research? And have been for some time? Maybe everyone else already knew this and I just misread it, but I was thinking that we were waiting for them to accumulate enough espionage points, when (it appears) we were just waiting for them (PAL) to pick a new tech, which they should do this turn

Comment

@rego - yeah, it's just you

Comment

Oh yes, Banana knows PALs research since ages.
                          I believe it is the constant reorganization of the team that simply lets them ignore the espionage distribution.

mh

Comment

T119:
                            No surprises.

I changed our ept spending to see Bananas demos next turn and spend the excess on Imperio.

mh
                            Attached Files

Comment

T120:
                              Only change is our spending.

mh
                              Attached Files

Comment

T 121:
                                We focused on Imperio again.
                                NOte how we are the only civ that can see all rivals demographs.

mh
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X