Clear All

• Harovan
    replied
    Yet another lunatic action.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Give or regards to the fine captain, soon to be major, I presume.

Leave a comment:

• Harovan
    replied
    1340 AD I found the Aztecs, the last civ. Faaaaar in the ancient age. I traded their world map for Masonry!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Harovan
    replied
    Dearest Charlotte,

greetings from the Russian front. I write this letter in a military camp near Yakutsk, which our brave cavalrymen captured this year, after it was many years under siege. I'm so proud, that I was allowed to participate in this victorious operation, breathing gun smoke, loading and firing my cannon without any break. After so many years of war, disrupted only by very short periods of peace, it's good to see, that the backbone of the Russian bear seems to be broken. And finally, in our high command showed up talented leaders. Five years ago, the Cavalry regiment "G. L. von Blücher" brought us the leader Horsa, who helped us with his skills instantly to install the Womens suffrage. Yes, my dear, it's true, you will be allowed to participate in the next elections in our glorious Republic. And in this year, the Cavalry regiment "N. von Gneisenau" gave us the leader Barbarossa. In ancient times we already saw him, he helped to form our first army of Knights, which is, by the way, still in service as guard for our artillery. This time, he will help us to complete a big research project called Theory of Evolution.

I hope so, that peace will come and I can return to you. I miss you, my love, but still the Russian Czarina Catherine refuses to talk with our leaders. I heard, in our homeland is going on a big industrialization process, and factories and power plants are constructed everywhere. Our leaders say, that with the installation of the Womens suffrage our nation entered a Golden age. I am sure, that this will speed the construction of the factories. I wish you heartly, that you soon will benefit from all the modern goods the new age provides. As I heard, England and France are also in this age of industrialization. In the southern jungle was a big uprising of barbarians. We heard that our jungle police, consisting of morning star swingers, already suffered the first losses. I hope, the barbarian horsemen can be stopped before they reach our cities.

I hear thunder of cannons at the horizon, and have to end this letter. Probably the Russians are raiding again, although their attacks get more and more pathetic. I hope, that I can soon return home to you, my love. This tour will take very little time, as the new railroad, which connects our new russian provinces with our homeland, will soon be ready.

Kisses,

Leberecht von Hartenfels
    Captain in the 4th artillery battalion
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stuie
    replied
    Originally posted by Theseus
    Ohhh... so you just want to prevent the human player from an exploit to settle on tundra. If I understand correctly then, Soren's comment was not really on target... it is OK that the AI civs do not know how to do that.
    Not quite. What Soren was saying is that when forest/jungle are flagged for "no cities", the AI does not understand that it needs to clear forest/jungle in "regular" (non-tundra) areas in order to build cities. Instead, the AI ignores those areas for settling completely. Thus a potential for human exploit.

Leave a comment:

• Jaybe
    replied
    No cities on forest only, because forest could be planted on tundra and then settled.

For "no cities on tundra," instead of prohibiting cities in forests I prohibited planting forests on tundra.

Leave a comment:

• Theseus
    replied
    Ohhh... so you just want to prevent the human player from an exploit to settle on tundra. If I understand correctly then, Soren's comment was not really on target... it is OK that the AI civs do not know how to do that.

ps: I don't play much after "evening meetings" either.

Leave a comment:

• Harovan
    replied
    Hi big T . No cities on forest only, because forest could be planted on tundra and then settled.

I take a time out today (I just returned from my "evening meeting" and am fairly ... erm ... tired ). Will continue to play tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Theseus
    replied
    Awesome, SR!!

I prolly won't have time to play it though. Maybe there are some lessoned learned that will be useful for a C3C mod...

What was the reason for no cities on forests? Is there an exploit on tundra of which I am unaware.

Leave a comment:

• Snotty
    replied
    Sir Ralph, its odd you mention the one tile island, as I have one in my game with this scenario. I ran standard, 70% continents, rest random. There is a one tile desert island off of my coast.

I dont remember seeing one before.

Im playing Mongols, but no horses

There isnt as much open space as I was expecting. The land hungry AI will happily place a city on a hill surrounded by desert. There are tracts of unsettled forests, but as borders expand, and citys are squeezed in then these will be chopped.

Thanks for the mod, its superb.

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied

Sounds good, SR

I do think Cathy was going after Lizzie or Joany. But maybe Berlin was more tempting... either one is possible.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Harovan
    replied
    I played only a couple of turns yesterday, because I had to care for my guests and decided to go to bed early, and not like one day before, when I went to bed at 3:30am, because I wanted to play that famous one more turn. I'm in the industrial age now and got Steam Power for free, woohoo! I sucked Liz dry, she stopped her research, so I have a lead of 2 advances now. The other continent is bombing me with luxury offers. I trade eagerly and pay the difference in gold instead with techs in order to give the AIs the opportunity to level techs with tech-for-luxury trades (they don't have gold anyway, theirs is mine now).

I played one turn with a reloaded game, made a RoP with Russia and it seems, that the "sneak attack another civ" theory is true, because the three knights passed by my undefended forbidden palace city. It's still not very sure, because sneak attacks go often towards the capital, especially when it's undefended. But to be honest, I don't have time and the nerve to check this out. I decided to break Russias spine and reduce it to a powerless vassal with a couple of hill cities.

I can't play much today, because I have a ... erm ... let's call it "evening meeting" with my colleagues, so the epic continues tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• notyoueither
    replied
    Not at the speed I play.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    You have time for at least one more game as 11/5/03 looks like the new date.

Leave a comment:

• notyoueither
    replied
    My bet is with vmxa1. Try garrisoning those cities, and I bet she stops. Although Arrian and alexman have a good theory too.

Alas, I did not wait for you to start this so I could 'play along'. I didn't know you would be so quick, so I started one last PTW game of my own. I'd have to say I'm having a slightly easier time of it, but then my settings are not as tough as yours. It's still interesting though.

I have to wonder if the PTW generator 'knew' what was up and generated some memorable maps...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X