No announcement yet.

Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, maybe it's just me, but it appears as though your logo is just a red "X", and not a real image...

Comment

• We're still waiting for Mark to hook up our logo. Until then, our logo is a gif error box.

--Togas
      Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
      Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
      Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
      Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• Why dont u guys keep the red X.. be a rebel and do something out of the norm!
        :-p

Comment

• Hi, I'm not getting in anymore... What's the problem?
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

• Plague: me too for a while this morning but I just went somewhere else and now I can get back on the private forums. Maybe Togas accidentally un-authorized all of us

And we've (obviously) got the logo up now...good work Mark
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Imho, the white logo background should be replaced with crimson.
              It would have been a bit cooler with light red eyes too.
              Ok, I know white matches blue, but... hmm?
              Well, thanks Mark. at least we got one now.

BTW:
              The access problem was just a temporary flaw.

Comment

• Have a question here.

Once we get to make embassies, how do we conduct one? If we are roleplaying, that is. We can't very well establish an embassy thread in another forum, so what do we do?
                Empire growing,
                Pleasures flowing,
                Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

• Um. Good Question History Guy.

I'm not Togas, but I guess it would either be PM comms with a thread in each forum for the posting of the talking, or
                  it would be a thread in the public forum. I dunno, I guess we'd just have to be adult enough to stay out of each other's business.

Comment

• The most secure would probably be multiple fora open only to the ambassadors and their bosses. For example: Roleplay-Grandeur of War, Roleplay-Lux Invicta, Grandeur of War-Lux Invicta, etc. It would likely mean over 20 fora though.

Comment

• Well pikefan, I guess that's gonna be too complicated.
                      And It would not neccesarily allow teammates insight into it's own business.

Perhaps using a PM to request a visit, then the other leader opens his forum to the ambassador for a while?
                      And then the whole people will be able to meet the guy.
                      Well, it's very unsecure, since the ambassador will be able to
                      spy in certain team-oriented threads...

Well just using PM would be the best, but these PM's should be allowed to be forwarded to the teammates perhaps...
                      Some Apolyton rule does not permit that, I think?

Comment

• I'm thinking the foreign ministers will have to grab a version of Messenger or ICQ or something, and conduct their communications that way. You can post logs from chats that way to your teammates, and it doesn't bend or break any rules.
                        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

• Oh. Does that break Apo rules? The PM thing?

If it does, then I didn't say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
                            Oh. Does that break Apo rules? The PM thing?

If it does, then I didn't say that.
                            that's okay mrmitchell I don't think anyone heard....

Sharing a PM with a 3rd party is technically against the rules, but only if you share without their permission. That's why PM's are 'private' messages and not 'public' messages. I hope we can find ways around this problem, although if all the foreign ministers agree beforehand and give permission for their PM's to be shown to be shown to the two teams, then it's ok.

We've thought of seperate forums for diplomacy, PM's, emails, etc. Hopefully we can hammer out this issue in some way. I'm hoping that the ministers involved can just use ICQ or msn messenger. This would solve the issue I believe.
                            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

• Reposted PMs are okay, here's how we can figure out a permission:
                              EDIT: Reposted PMs are okay WITH ME! WITH ME! **** hand slipped on clicker! They might not be okay with anyone else but they are with me.
                              EDIT: I mean, reposted PMs that are purposed for embassies. I hope that's all the clarifications I need to make

-DG-wide poll (every citizen)
                              -Beginning of PMs to be repeated sez "For Embassy Use" or something better than that signifying that they are "To Be Reposted" or something.

Comment

• Quick question for the RPers:

How many characters have died so far?
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X