No announcement yet.

Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said in earlier posts, I prefer the Spanish civ.

Give Carthage to the Legoland team !
    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• I'm confused about wether to want Spam or Carthage.

Dude, can't we just have Persia?
      Think about it: Great UU, Great Trait Combo.
      (Sometimes in my games I just skip Knights altogether and keep pumping out Immortals, because, they're cheaper to build and have same attack-I really don't mind about mobility when I have Immortals conquering my enemies, )

Really though, if Arnelos (he's great about debating, I see,) could post a summary of Carthage that gives all the plus/minus and some Spain supporter could do so for Spain, maybe in a thread in the forum, then it would be easier.

Actually, I'd probably better go to the team forum and look because it's probably there.

EDIT: Fixed some flawed logic (i.e. asking Arnelos to do a summary of both civs and then asking someone else to do one of Spam again, )
      Last edited by mrmitchell; November 13, 2002, 08:49.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
        Let's say Spain has their capital with 4 production at size 3 - thus obtaining the spear/settler combo in 13 turns.

Let's say Carthage has their capital with 5 production (they're industrious) at size 3 - thus obtaining the Numidian Merc/settler combo in 12 turns.
        Forgive me if I am wrong (I am at work and don't have the game rules here) but wasn't the industrious bonus suposed to apply to cities bigger than size 6?

On the other hand, I would prefer Spain because they are industrious and these means cheaper temples. Cheaper temples means less angry citizens, quicker border expansions which is very important at the early game. Also would help our cities to not culture-flip-

The commercial bonus isn't as important in the early game, but in medium game this could give us a considerable amount of money.

As you can see my vote is for Spain
        "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
        "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

• I can only access the privat forum through the link above. If I click on one of the icons, all I get is the list of who is in the group. I clicked on Join this forum, but the link does not appear on the opening page like all the other forum links do. Any ideas, advice, etc.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• Hmmm.

If my link doesn't work. Go to the topped thread in this forum that MarkG set up. He has links to all of the forums as well.

If that doesn't work, PM MarkG.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• Togas..... the link you posted above in this thread does work. and the ones mark g has also do. Just that it would be nice to have a shortcut method like I do for the other forums.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• GK, I know what you mean.

I went and put a link to ours in my notepad, just to have a handy link in my control panel with all the others. But, I have a habit of using my control panel a ton. (old habit from Gazette...)
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• So have you guys decided upon a Civ yet? I don't know what's going on in your private forum as I can no longer access it (so it works).

I'm still hovering, and am basing my decision of team heavily on the civ that will be used...
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• we had a poll to finalize our choice... I think it has closed out and just awaits Togas' signature before we declare a team.
                    "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

• It's EITHER Carthage or Spain.

Sorry that I can't be more clear right now. We're working out resolution to the poll since (as luck would have it) we actually have a TIE for the winning result.

I'll post here with the result later.

Thanks for your interest WIA. I'd be glad to have you as a part of this team. Hope to see you join us. Maybe you should post here and say which of the two civs above would make you most likely to join. I might use that to resolve the tie.

--Togas
                      Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                      Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• I think Spain would have a lot of roleplay potential, they did dominate the New World pretty well.

Comment

• This look nice... Can I join in?
                          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

• Plague,

I have added you to our fun-loving team.

Welcome aboard! Now go join our thread and start posting.

--Togas

Comment

• Well, I like Spain (naturally ). If you guys choose Spain then I am in, if not I will just be the token roleplayer/insano in Lux Invicta.

Please don't put your final choice down to me. I wouldn't be that useful, and if there are valid reasons for going for Carthage - do so. Your current team members always should take precedence with these decisions.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• This question may be silly, I didn't read the whole thread, may be it already has been answered, but... why does your team icon not show? Or is that white square with the red cross your icon? Or is it just my computer?

Comment

Working...
                                X