Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: good thing

Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
    And morb, one more thing, if your getting beat that badly and having the AI build railroads in 1200s, your playing on too high a difficulty level. Warlord seems to best level to learn on, and its what most people I think started on. Though if you still have trouble you could go to Chieftain.
    thanks chieftain, but you can save your advice for newbies.
    I hate Civ3!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

MarkG tries to remember a certain saying about exceptions and rules....
      /me points out that MarkG is making excuses. hmm.
      I hate Civ3!

Comment

So, when will COTW continue?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Great, now you can pay for features that should've been in the frigging game out of the box. An editor that doesn't suck as the day is long. The ability to create scenarios. The ability to play another human frigging being (what YEAR IS IT Firaxis?).

Screw 'em. Civ4 won't contain the game CD, it'll be in an 'expansion pack'.

Venger
          P.S. Playing SMAC this last week has opened by eyes to just how bad a regression much of Civ3 really is. They BRUTALLY ripped off the game engine of SMAC, but removed some of it's basic elements...

Comment

Eh, when are E3?

Can't wait, can't wait, can't...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

... looks forward to Chieftain and morb facing off in MPP...
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by MidKnight Lament
                Agreed. Glad to see some people on here can still maintain perspective.
                MidKnight (BTW, hi MidKnight!), maintaining perspective is great, but if you look back to the recent history, you know how often Firaxis/Infogrames dropped away bits of relevant info as if they aren't relevant at all. It helps to manage the fans/customers reaction, let them free to make any last minute change without justifying it...

So, it's ok to wait and see the real facts and figures before to cry or applaude the XP, still any info we get can be debated because that's exactly the PR tactic the developers have chosen.

Unless we can just ignore them, that is

UltraSonix (BTW, hi UltraSonix!), it will be interesting to see a different approach to multyplayer game. I'd love to see a "simultaneous turn execution", not a "real time click fest". As for limited info we have, I can't judge if Firaxis is making a Civ III RTS with another name or is really developing something different.

Whatever method they'll use, I wonder if it will be a viable option for single player, too. I mean, if a "turnless method" works in MP, what's the show stopper for a SP, as a fresh change from Turn base? Any opinion?
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

My guesses at the 8! new civs...

It's going to be (completely sure):
                  1- Vikings (Europe) (they were in civ2)
                  2- Spanish (Europe/Medi) (civ2)
                  3- Mongols (Asia) (civ2)
                  4- Incas/Mayans (South America) (only one)

Not totally sure:
                  5- Carthage (Africa/Medi) (civ2 too)
                  6- Turks/Arabs (Middle East/Arabian Pen.) (don't think we'll get both of them)

The last ones:
                  7- One African Civ more (My knowledge of african civs is bad )
                  8- That leaves space for another Asian/(maybe pacific) Civ (dont know which -maybe Korea -maybe one of the small ones)

What do u think?

See u!
                  Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Cesa
                    UltraSonix, regarding you sig, neither do polar bears walk the streets in Sweden
                    Oh, and there are no monkeys walking down the streets in Brazil, despite what The Simpsons may say...

Movies. I want movies. Wonder movies, victory movies, easter egg movies... any movies.

(alas, that probably won't happen...)
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venger
                      Great, now you can pay for features that should've been in the frigging game out of the box. An editor that doesn't suck as the day is long. The ability to create scenarios. The ability to play another human frigging being (what YEAR IS IT Firaxis?).

Screw 'em. Civ4 won't contain the game CD, it'll be in an 'expansion pack'.

Venger
                      P.S. Playing SMAC this last week has opened by eyes to just how bad a regression much of Civ3 really is. They BRUTALLY ripped off the game engine of SMAC, but removed some of it's basic elements...

wow, venger is back with a vengeance
                      good to know that there IS a game that passes his stringent tests. i did not doubt it's the same game that have put me to sleep many many times...

Comment

• We will surely have at least one, possibly two new civ-specific abilities, as adding 8 new civs with the same abilities... nah.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• With the current number of abilities there are 30 combinations before any need be repeated. I doubt we will see new abilities
                          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

• Originally posted by ACooper
                            With the current number of abilities there are 30 combinations before any need be repeated. I doubt we will see new abilities
                            No, there are only 15. Check out the Aztecs and the Japanese.
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• To be somewhat more specific, e.g. Militaristic/Religious and Religious/Militaristic isn't much of a difference, is it?
                              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• So if they add one more, there are 6 new unique combinations; if they add two there are 13 new unique combinations. I get the feeling we might get one new Civ Ability with some more overlap between civs.

But this is all speculation. Who knows. I'm just hoping the Ethiopians are in.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X