Civ3 EXPANSION PACK!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 EXPANSION PACK!!!!

I just read about the announced expansion pack for CivIII at gamespot.com. They are adding new cultures and a turnless version of the game for online play. Any idea how that last part will work?

Do you have a link?

Real-time? Egads!

Comment

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

Infogrames has revealed Civilization III: Play the World, its upcoming expansion pack for Civilization III, Sid Meier's latest turn-based strategy game. The expansion, which will be shown at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles later this month, will include eight new civilizations and leaders along with a number of new single- and multiplayer scenarios and features. In addition, it will include a new "turnless" online mode and other improvements.

Comment

Guess that's what been behind all the "no comments".
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Wonder what "other features" entails. Hopefully they will expand on some of the features we already have. - more units, more advances, that sort of thing.

I would personally love another era into the future filled with science fiction type units and advances.
            Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

is it time to start the firaxis please include the olympic games in civ3 campaign yet?

Comment

8 new civs!

Comment

I'm optimistic, but I wont be running out the door to buy it.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                    I'm optimistic, but I wont be running out the door to buy it.
                    Nor I do.
                    I would like to see Civ3 finished before seeing an XP.
                    Marketting...
                    Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Well this explains why Soren is making more posts all of a sudden.

Comment

So in the end they make you pay for the multiplayer...Wonderful. Firaxis is going downhill fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
                          Well this explains why Soren is making more posts all of a sudden.
                          Has he? I must have missed them, I've been over at OT lately.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Have you not been playing Civ III then? Hey, if you didn't like Civ III, don't buy the expansion.

But if you did like Civ III, if you have a campaign or two running since its release, then reward the guys who made the game. Let them know you liked it and purchase the expansion.

Encourage developers of good games, don't insult them. I really enjoyed CivIII and would buy almost any expansion with some purchasable value as a token of my appreciation.

But, this is just my opinion, your's may be different.

Look, the expansion will probably be well work the money. I don't think Firaxis is going "downhill fast" because they want to add content and functionality to an existing game. NOT supporting a game with patches or expansions after release is going downhill.

Yes, they could have released a free expansion pack or added all of the new stuff into the original game. I mean, if your implying that a company would actually want to make money from its product, I have to agree with you. I mean, shame on them for trying to make a profit. They should give everything away and live in boxes under a bridge - that would be a good business model.

Sorry about the rant, I'm going to go back to hole now.
                            Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                              So in the end they make you pay for the multiplayer...Wonderful. Firaxis is going downhill fast.
                              They made you pay for multiplayer in Civ 1 and 2, why would 3 be any different?

Sounds cool. i wonder how the turnless civ works.

Comment

Working...
                              X