Civ3 EXPANSION PACK!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    So in the end they make you pay for the multiplayer...Wonderful. Firaxis is going downhill fast.

Who in there right mind believed they would produce an expansion or even multi-player for free? Gimme a break.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by bigfree1
      GREAT! {facetiousness is very heavy here}

I've ALWAYS wanted to pay TWICE for the same game I was promised in the first place!

Nobody gives a damn about promises kept, only PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT!

I WILL NOT 'BUY' THE EXPANSION, EVER!

Well, good for you!
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Spock does the "EIGHT NEW CIVS" happy dance!!!!!
        "And that, my friends, sucks goat ass." ---Venger---

Comment

I consider this good news.

In Civ 2 terms, this is the CiC disk.

Next, we'll get the FW version...

Then, finally, the MPGE.
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Except this will have multiplayer...

Comment

I just can't help feeling very ripped-off.
              How To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity

10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.

Comment

Civ3 is not Civ2

i am going to say that there will be one $29.95 expansion pack which will add multiplayer, more civs, a few new features, and it will either allow scenarios or they will do it in a patch, but there isn't going to be three or four expansions and then a Civ3 MPGE

i'm saying one expansion and then a gold version in about a year

civ3 will behave more like SMAC rather than Ci2, Civ2 was done by Microprose, Civ3 is done by firaxis, while some of the employees are the same for the most part they aren't

i'm just wondering how many new features they will include

Comment

If the support for new products is there, why wouldn't they keep going with new expansions?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

*agrees with NYE*
                    I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for a hot-selling game like Civ 3 to have maybe one more XP beyond this one.
                    There is certainly room for more civs built into the game. (The game can support 31, a perfect number for any expansion packs beyond the upcoming one)
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Call me a sucker

I am going to this XP the first day is avalible, only because it will, (hopefully ) have an scenario creator better than Civ 2. At least I hope will, and if it doesn't I will still probably buy the game. Any way FIRAXIS need to explain this, "turnless" multiplayer.
                      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
                      - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I just hope that Firaxis have been paying attention to the many suggestions posted on forums like this in planning the XP. I'd hate to see how ugly all the post-release ranting is going to be if too many suggestions were ignored.

Anyway, I'm remaining optimistic that many good things will come out of the XP, even if they weren't already suggested on the forums. So long as they allow you to create your own civs without hacking civ3mod.bic with Multitool, I'll be happy with it. If not... then it depends on what they DID do in it.
                        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I expect to see expanded diplomatic features, expanded UN (we have complained about it since day 1!), a new unit or three, and probably a few surprises to boot. :thumbsup:
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                            I just hope that Firaxis have been paying attention to the many suggestions posted on forums like this in planning the XP. I'd hate to see how ugly all the post-release ranting is going to be if too many suggestions were ignored.
                            I don't thinks it possible for Firaxis to use enough suggestions to stave off another round of ranting. There were a LOT of suggestions.

Turnless multiplayer? In a turn based strategy? I have a feeling they mean some sort of simultaneous movement.

Comment

Highly probable new features :

- Complete scenario editing tools : possibility to add units, to add buildings, fixed starting positions, placing and improving cities on the editor, placing units, decide what civ has what tech etc. At least, it would be as powerful as the scenario editor in the first shipment of Civ2.
                              - Still not sure about an event editor, sure there won't be a scripting language.
                              - I don't think it will be possible to convert Civ2 scenarios to Civ3, because of culture and resources.

- New graphics : leaderheads, UUs, but also new units / city looks if they're doing "fantasy" scenarios (their artists are working for 6 months on something new now).

- possibly new music.

- I'd say multiplayer will be internet, LAN, hotseat, PBEM. I don't imagine they'll forget one of these. Here's what I imagine when I hear "turnless multiplayer" :
                              Every minute or so, you can move your units again, your cities pile up more shields etc. The turns pass automatically after some time. The difference is : you move your units at the same time as your opponents. For example, a Persian warrior and an Indian warrior are both 1 tile away of the same Iron tile ; the fastest player moves the first on it. Anther example : a cavalry is next to an enemy cavalry : the first one to move his cavalry will be the attacker.
                              It will be a bit confusing at first, but will give some speed to the game. There would be some strategic depht, since you'll have to know what's the first field of battle you should manage.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

MarkG tries to remember the last time in gaming history a patch added multiplayer abilities
                                mmm... Tough one. I think the last one was Deus Ex

Comment

Working...
                                X