• Show
Clear All

sorry to see the Raze rule

japs must be scared of my smoken' joken' soldier boys

apart from that happy to rock'n'roll
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Sorry it disappoints you but we have seen in some games razing can be "exploited".

A note : the reason why we have a replacement player is Rcoutme has a disease which definitely does not prevent him from playing but that can limit him sometimes. No real pb so far and Eric_A is replacement.

I don't think there will be any quitters on this probably short challenge but it is probably better you get one password for all the Allies.
      Last edited by LouLong; September 22, 2004, 05:53.
      The Great Armada scenario

Comment

ahh it is all good
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Sent a mail to Chrisius Maximus as your representative for some settings but no answer so far.

So here are the proposals:

- monarch level
          - AP on
          - possibility of exchanging cities : Yes
          - Change of governments : No

Comment

Originally posted by LouLong
            Sent a mail to Chrisius Maximus as your representative for some settings but no answer so far.

So here are the proposals:

ok I will bight... why no change of Governments?
            personally I feel this should be yes

ahh I thought Chris was a referee not our nominated rep
            actually did not think we had nominated a rep
            maybe Theseus as team Captain
            as we each represent indiviual Governments I feel we should each be consulted on these issues
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Set my password up as my username, that way in case I am not around.... it is easy to find a replacement... not that I expect to not be around.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

- monarch level

Fine

- AP on

Hmmm, I have a problem with that... I have never played with AP, ever... I know it it sometimes/often used for MP of sorts, but I would be at a severe disadvantage.

- possibility of exchanging cities : Yes

I do not know the possible impact of that rule in this scenario.

Again, I do not know the impact.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I have found that the Accelerated Production is hardwired into the scenario. If you guys want to play the game with AP off, then I will have to modify the scenario to do that. Please let me know what your decision is. Email at Rcoutme@hotmail.com
                  Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities.--Sun Tzu

Comment

I am all against AP off in this scenario, especially the MP verion.

AP on was intended and I think they had a valid point. Without it, the US will never have time to produce anything then move westwards against Japan.

So I don't considered that a preference but really a default feature of the scenario.

Comment

Id concur with that this scenario needs AP to make it playable, yes it does give Japan huge production, but China is a great little workhorse too.
                      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

New From Japan, December, 1941

The Imperial Japanese Command has great news to report! Our victorious armies have liberated the following cities from the evil Western occupiers and the foolish Chinese:

In the Phillipines, our marines captured Aparri, Manila and Davao and Puerto Princess. Additional American loss includes Guam which was also captured by our glorious marines. Our fleet under Admiral Nagumo went to Pearl Harbor and bombed the American Fleet and air units there. Sadly, some of our pilots were lost (one zero), but they destroyed two fighter wings, one battleship, one cruiser and damaged some other ships (I think...)

The Commonwealth lost Hong Kong, Bhuket and Rangoon. One of our infantry regiments was destroyed in the capture of Rangoon. In addition, our Combat Engineers destroyed another Anzac Regiment north of Kuala Lumpur.

In China, our victorious armies captured Sian and destroyed an infantry regiment defending Foochan. An infantry unit near Hankow was destroyed as well. Our artillery bashed a lot of other units, but our aircraft need much more practice at bombing.

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to leave out the Dutch: We also captured Manokwari with Marines.
                        Last edited by Rcoutme2; September 24, 2004, 17:35.
                        Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities.--Sun Tzu

Comment

This day will live in infamy
                          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

There's not much difference in the govts in WW 2 Pacific compared to what they are in the normal game.

Basically with exchanging cities, there's some free unit transportation for the allies.

Basically, the AP on will help those with short supply lines. (In other words, whoever is currently LOSING is helped by AP on.)
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Has the allies thread been placed somewhere yet?

I sometimes have trouble threads in the PBEM forum.
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Well, exchanging cities is not for free transportation as if used often it would be an exploit. But this option is allowed for Allies to create bases in new places.
                                Just don't over use it... please.

Comment

Working...
                                X