Challenge WWII Pacific Poly vs CFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rcoutme2
    Ah...so it is to the Scottish Dutchman, is that it Paddy?
    indeed it is old chap

and over to you our earnest Japanese foe

June 1942
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Turn 7
      June 1942
      The Japanese High Command is starting to see more timidity in its leaders. They are thinking that the practice of designated seppuku may be in order, but will reserve that particular idea for another month. Meanwhile on the combat fronts:

America: the SS Bluefish sank a destroyer and then was sunk by the DD Hamakaze.

Dutch: Bandjermasin was stormed by SNLF marines and occupied by victorious Japanese forces. The 4th Tank Division killed of that infantry unit hiding up in the hills of Borneo and got promoted to elite status. The citizens of Donggala were dropped by one by aerial bombing. Finally, Ketapang got its monthly pounding.

Commonwealth: The citizens of Singapore came out in force to shoot down some Japanese bombers. Unfortunately for them, some 100,000 or so died in the process, but they did destroy one air wing. Mandalay lost its Civil Defense to superior Japanese artillery attacks. The newly-commissioned SNLF-2 marines attacked and captured Espirtu Santu getting promoted to veteran status.

China: Chinese interceptors shot down one of the bomber wings near Chunking, not to fear, we had others that cut the silks so that the Chinese would no longer have their drawers. Nanning was pounded with artillery and then attacked by Nipponese infantry. China killed one division, Japan killed one infantry division.

Victory points (before/after turn) Japan: 24,490/25665 Allies: 5,070/5,265
      Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities.--Sun Tzu

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcoutme2
        Turn 7
        June 1942

Victory points (before/after turn) Japan: 24,490/25665 Allies: 5,070/5,265
        Ladies and Gentlemen

I do believe we are being handed our hat and being shown the door at our own site
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Not at all, Paddy, that comes in two to three turns
          Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities.--Sun Tzu

Comment

• Did the game get a reprieve for the holidays?

Comment

• Not quite sure what is going on myself

lots of pbems over here have come to a halt

so we will see in a few days
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Rcoutme, I'm not understanding how the scores went from:

Turn 6:

VP’s (this time after my turn was taken) are:
                Japan: 23740
                Allies: 45780

To Turn 7:

Victory points (before/after turn)
                Japan: 24,490/25665
                Allies: 5,070/5,265
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• try taking a 0 off of the allies for the first one

Comment

• And I though I was slow in my pbem......

Reading, it looks like it is in T's hands. Any chance of playing this weekend?
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• I just got back... I do not believe that I have the latest save.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Where oh where have the Jap Carriers gone?

Bombed CA Furutako west of Midway from 4/4 to 1/4.

Bombed another CA (sorry, didn;t catch name ) SE of Midway, from 3/3 to 0/3.

Attacked CA Furutako, sank it.

Bombarded DD Hamakaze in NE Pacific from 2/4 to 1/4

Attacked DD Hamakaze, sank it.

No losses for America. CINCPACFLT awards commendations to various sailors.

Turn sent to Godking.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Sorry, my delay. I will play it in the morning when I am feeling better.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• Sorry, I forgot to take notes while I was playing. Here is all that I think I did:
                            Killed a sub North of New Guinea, using a bomber to take it down to 1 hp then attacked with my sub, raising it to vet.
                            Bombed Boela, first heavy bomber took down a fighter, and ended up at 2/4 HP. Second Heavy Bomber hit a Destroyer in the city, taking it to ¼ HP. Adjusted my invasion plans accordingly, and used my marine to kill a 2hp unit on the airport north of Boela, while withdrawing my infantry to home for use there.
                            Shelled Rabaul with the two cruisers that were outside, taking its defender down to 1 hp. Attacked with my machine gunner (ya, I know) but won.
                            Bombed a road between Canton and Hangcow to make Japanese troop movement more difficult.
                            Killed a 1hp unit north of Mandalay with a 2hp unit, getting it promoted to regular.

Comment

• Hello

is there anyone out there????????????????

I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I am...but have not seen the game is a long time. It looks like this one is following the same timetable as the actual war.

Comment

Working...
                                X