Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge WWII Pacific Poly vs CFC

Hi guys,

I am at CFC and would like to organize a small challenge between some of your experienced players and one of ours (not me BTW ).

We have a "god-like" player (fast and reliable of course) for Japan in the WWII Pacific conquest and I think it would be interesting (and fun) if 2 to 4 of your main players could try to beat him (we will figure the details precisely like the number of ally players after (and if) you agree).

I have played that scenario a few times myself with either Japan or Allies winning so I think it could be a fair game. But you can disagree of course.

Of course if some of you are interested they would have to "not be" CFC players too and if possible a part of your core players team since they would represent Apolyton.

And this way we could have a common event.

The maximum number of turns is 50 but usually the game is won around turn 20, so it would last less than a month with a one-turn per day game.

Ideas, signing in, questions all welcome.

Loulong
    Last edited by LouLong; September 12, 2004, 13:59.
    The Great Armada scenario

Come on, is nobody interested in such a PBEM and the challenge ?

The event will be held in both places with spoiler threads and you can choose a referee.

We just want to meet 3 or 4 players from Apolyton for the US, China, Commonwealth and maybe the Dutch (who can be played by another ally player).

Comment

I would be happy to take on CFC's "god-like" player. I am new to PBEMs, though, so perhaps not 'poly's best representative. Anyone else want to help?

I do have one condition though: If someone from CFC tells me to "READ THE FAQ" I will quit on the spot.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Arghh ! I knew there were not only cowards at Apolyton !
        Thanks Theseus (just hope you don't play at CFC as well ?).

If you could gather a team around you it would be even better. Godlike maybe I exaggerated a bit but he is definitely a challenge

You won't be asked to read the whole FAQ but talks will be made to agree on a common set of rules prior to the start.

Comment

count me in if needed. first turn to America ? he, he.
          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Sure, I will be happy to join in. Not one of the best, but should do in a pinch. Send me a PM or email. BTW, I am not picky, any one of the allies will work for me.

I only have 4 games going on now, so a 5th will be welcome.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Thanks for the challenge

as they say down under: Two more schooners thanks mate

I am in

edit: The Game Order - for the record

The Foe...
              1. Rcoutme - Japan

The Allies...
              2. Theseus - America
              3. GodKing - Commonwealth
              4. Jshler - Chinese
              5. Paddy - Dutch
              Last edited by Paddy; February 1, 2005, 07:05.
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Hmmm, who is more the 'god-like' rep of Apolyton? GodKing, or the omnipresent Deity, Paddy?
                Last edited by Rommel2D; September 16, 2004, 03:18.
                Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Paddy is not the one - me just a player

see Jet Li for that

and I should be omnipresent thanks be to MG and DQ
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Ok, sorry for the delay as we had some issues at CFC selecting the player lol

Paddy the Scot, Godking, jshelr and Theseus, would you please send me a mail a mantaray AT club-internet DOT fr, so that I get your mails. Preferably when you have decided among yourselves who plays what allied civ.
                    Please give me your Apolyton nicknames as well (otherwise I might not get who is who !).

We will have a thread at CFC for it and one here as well (maybe this one). Since it is a challenge between two communities, we will host a spoiler thread as well for the benefit of all (lurkers, members not playing in it). Could be nice if you did the same here.

I only need your word you won't be checking it and I give you mine our player won't look at yours.

We will use the scenario file with a simple modification where Japan plays first. Otherwise there are always problems with the Dutch not being able to play the first turn, except if you have found a way out of that problem.

I will submit the biq for you to check.

Comment

Took advantage of being next to read this and elected T the captain. Ball in his court. I just don't want to be interred in a concentration camp for the whole 50 turns.

At least i've got the right avatar for this game
                      Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

I have to run out right now, but will address this later this evening.

History WILL repeat itself.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Paddy and Godking, can you please PM me your email addresses [edit: Russ already did so]? I will forward the lot on to LouLong when we are ready.

LL, is there a thread at CFC we can read to catch up on what you all have developed thus far? Or if you have a FAQ developed, we'd be happy with that.

To be honest, I haven't played the WW2 scenario since C3C first came out... I don't even remember what allied civs are represented in this scenario.
                          Last edited by Theseus; September 15, 2004, 23:49.

Comment

Ummm, I am a bit confused... I just opened the scenario to familiarize myself with it, and the only non-Japanese choices are the US, China, and the Commonwealth. So how are four of us supposed to play?

Comment

Oh, and one more thing, LL: Knowing that he is active at CFC as well as here, I would hope that I am safe in assuming that your "god-like" player is not AESON??!!

Comment

Working...
                              X