No announcement yet.

Challenge WWII Pacific Poly vs CFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jshelr, do you want to take America... I know you have more time in the Conquest than I.

Also, am I safe in assuming that we allies can coordinate with each other, beyond normal epic PBEM rules?

We are... allies, after all.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

no, go right ahead. none of us have much experience with this level of naval / air warfare.
      Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

i recommend building the manhattan project with a leader

Comment

I will take the commonwealth.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Basically moding settlers in would have the following effects:

1. If either China or Japan gets a clear military edge, they can found cities all over Mongolia and Siberia to actually have a shot at winning via domination rather than score.

2. Japan, the commonwealth, the US, and maybe the Dutch could throw up cities on Pacific Islands for use as Air Force Bases. This would greatly reduce the usefulness of carriers. Helps Japan more because unlike SMAC, allies can't base aircraft in allied cities in Civ II.

On the proposed "no-raize" policy, I think this would hurt Japan more than the allies. It's Japan that starts with the most military units and the allies with the most production. Nothing slows an offense down more than having indivual units in the front line being reassigned to permantly garrision a city at a time. I also have visions of naval units bombarding cities down to size 1 prior to the land units coming in to exploit the auto-razing loop hole.

Originally posted by GodKing
            I will take whomever. Sent my email to theseus per his request. It is godking ta prodigy dot net.

I haven't played this since it came out also. Will probably play a single player jsut to refresh myself this weekend. All I remember is that the first 5 turns usually determine who will win. Also, we can mod in and allow settlers if you want. (huge benifit to japan IIRC).
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

do we need settlers and a raze policy?
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

I think not. Let's take the challenge as presented... LouLong, we are awaiting!
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

This sounds fun.

As it progresses and its safe to do an occassional screenshot would be nice.
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

We should have a thread that we ask no CFC person to look at that may give away our stuff - somewhere like the strat forum or someplace else where it will not get bumped off the first page in 3 hours like here in the pbem game. We can post screen shots there, come up with our own stratagies, and so forth. It will also keep those who are interested in following our progress updated.
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

How about one of those Members Only things - CivGroups or whatever? You can limit access to those.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh, and if anyone needs a replacement i'll help.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Na, I would like to to be open, with just an understanding that our enemy doesn't peek (as we gave CFC that we wouldn't peek over there.)

Comment

wow that is a lot of trust to put into a nation like japan

they did bring us great pilots like - Divine Wind - Kamikaze
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

By the way, I gave you guys my family email rather than my civ email. To keep my wife from peeking at our material and informing Japan, please use

jshelruss xxx yahoo xxx com

Comment

indeed old chap

indeed
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X