• Show
Clear All

• could be a good reason why the coffee shops are so popular
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• April 1942

The US Navy - CINCPACFLT reports:

We have the dastardly Japanese fleet trapped in the northeastern Pacific.

Initial bombing runs were less than successful, with one bomb refusing to release, one missing its explosives, and one missing its detonator (we're new at this modern war stuff!! ).

Later runs were improved however: One Jap Destroyer is down to 1 hp, and another down to 2 hp.

Our submarine fleet continues to prowl the deep blue, and in a vicious game of cat-and-mouse sonared a Jap sub near Midway and sunk it. Our boys took some damage though, down to 1 hp, and are limping home.

CINCPACFLT out, and turn sent.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Will Play tonight, after I get home from work and fix my washer.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• You guys haven't surrendered yet ?
          lol
          I told you it would be a challenge !
          The Great Armada scenario

Comment

• CV Ryujo was discovered hiding out in Rabaul, and I promptly attempted to sink it in their harbor. Unfortunately, she had at least one bomber on her, who took one of my bomber hits (binging it to 2/4?), the other was taken by the population, destroying the barracks. (Darn). The naval bombardment caused CV Ryujo (1/3) and its support destroyer (1/3) significant damage, but did not sink either of them. This shall be promptly remedied next turn.

Took back Donggala from the brutal Japanese invasion forces using a combination of naval bombardment, air bombardment, and just plain good luck.

Lost a fighter to enemy fighter action outside Singapore.

Killed a 2 hp conscript outside Kuala.

Killed a 2 hp conscript outside Mandalay, but lost a 3 hp and a 2 hp infantry doing so.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• pathetically little bombardment is all we have to report. China resumes cowering behind our women and children.
              Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Paddy, what happened to you, did you take the weekend off?
                Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities.--Sun Tzu

Comment

• Bump !

Paddy ?
                  The Great Armada scenario

Comment

• I am along way from home this week as discussed on the absences thread

please feel free to replace me

who at poly has the admin password?

let me know, and we acan get the last save sent to them etc etc
                    Last edited by Paddy; November 16, 2004, 08:33.
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Paddy, you back yet?

Comment

• No not yet

we have been off selling poddy calves all weekend

so need to get a few more things sorted before I can head home

I am of the Horde.

Comment

• OK. Have fun with a poddy, whatever that is.

Comment

• Is this game ever going to be played again?
                            Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities.--Sun Tzu

Comment

• yes it will be

I should be home soon
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Is this game officially dead, or just in hibernation.

Comment

Working...
                                X