No announcement yet.

Expectations for Monarch level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vmxa1 I do not use cruise either. They crack me up with that floating in the air animation.
    Me too. Someone suggested if navy vessel was adjacent to port, you could load cruise. No luck. Added load and unload to cruise actions for next game, just to see if can transport them that way.

If PTW is like previous patches, the first few games will be jerky as Firaxis does not carry forward user preferences.

-- PF

Comment

• War Weariness -- How does it work?

Ok it is 1922 and finally have peace again. However since last war went on forever I have to have 20% luxuries to keep happiness up.

QUESTION-- How fast/slow does WW dissipate?

If I had war for last 80 turns, how does the WW effect work? Does it decrease arithemetically or geometrically, i.e., flat decrease line or decrease curve?

I don't have very many turns left, 124, and trying to figure out when is the best time to restart warfare.

Current game update at 1922:
      Greece-- only island city of Bengal is left.
      {see page 2 of this thread, time stamp-- 28.10.2002 09:24 }
      Greece has 4 MA and 1 worker. Since China was being a dumpkopf, I will make them take are of Greece. If they want the oil, they will have to capture Bengal.

China-- One city in SW corner of former Greek continent. Sitting on dyes, but no port or airport yet.
      In this game Stealth Bombers have hidden nationality and so China is running about 4 bombing missions/turn. I am just starting to counter with 1..2/turn. Need more bombers first. Also waited to move fleet away from Bengal and out where it is not vulnernable to air strikes. I was shocked yesterday to see that stealth fighters do NOT have intercept capability. I had just assumed that since they could see the invisibile Stealth Bombers they would be able to intercept. But had not tried it. I was tired of the 5% interception rate by Jets so was hoping Stealth Fighters would have a little more success. Even if they were at the 15..20% level for intercepts that would have been good. Alas, no joy. See frantic scrambling to change queue of all Stealth Fighters in production to something useful.

Russia--
      Has not expanded empire at all. Still are polite to me unlike the annoyed/furious Chinese. But for all that, they are running 3..4 bombing runs/turn. Not targeting units, only roads. I am starting to upgrade air defense in neighboring areas. But it will take a bit of time. I only have about 1500 gold and have been using it to upgrade culture in former Greece.

-- PF

Comment

• answer re WW

I don't know the formula, but WW seems to dissipate in about 20 turns. China changed from commie to republic after that time, and they were involved in war about as long as I was.

Probably will let this thread fade away as PTW is imminent, unless I see anything interesting.

Only interest in this game now is 1) can I conduct a modern era warfare against 2 civs at the same time where each civ has about 70 MI and 25 MA, 2) how long will it take to make up the score deficit vs Greece. Only 100 turns left so have to get moving.

Thank you all for your advice and wonderful play suggestions. Hopefully can get PTW today, if not tomorrow.

-- PF

Comment

Working...
        X