Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's preemptively guess bad suggestions for Civ4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hurricane
    More easy-to-remember keyboard shortcuts. For example:

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-J: Move stack excluding units inside armies

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-U: Automatically move all obsolete units to the nearest city with barracks and auto-upgrade when unit arrives at destination. Then unit automatically moves back to city of origin.

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-I: Improve terrain without altering existing improvements except mines->irrigation on plains, don´t build railroads in forests and focus on connecting all cities with roads.

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-WINKEY-I: Same as above but don´t improve inside foreign territory, no matter what.

F: Fortify unit for 5 rounds.

CTRL-F: Fortify unit for 10 rounds.

CTRL-SHIFT-F: Fortify unit for 15 rounds.

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-F: Fortify unit.
    Hey, some of those are useful Ogie's suggestions, now those make sense!
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Well, I think everything was mentionned....and more.....but I think that when you choose the "view city" option it's really crappy. You should see houses, markets and stuff like that. Not 4 houses.......

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Real Wars have Prisoners

In Civ 4, we should have the ability to capture oposing forces and place them in prison. The prisoners could be used to negotiate peace...or you could even place cameras in the women's prison and sell movies of their erotic behavior to raise revenue.

Comment

A great idea for civ 4

You pay $54.99. You get , a beautifully decorated box, a detailed instruction manual, and another book on how to program, this way it is done ontime, on budget, and needs no patches.
          KATN

Comment

Re: A great idea for civ 4

Originally posted by lorddread
            You pay $54.99. You get , a beautifully decorated box, a detailed instruction manual, and another book on how to program, this way it is done ontime, on budget, and needs no patches.

-Revolutionary real time strategy with RPG elements!

-To reduce the complaints about combat, the player now wins every battle.

-Jar Jar Binks is your domestic advisor
            I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

How about an A1 size tech tree chart included only as a PDF on the CD? This way you can print it out on 8 pieces of paper and patch them together with adhesive tape!

I also think the manual should include hundreds of pages about the real history of the different civs, their leaders and the units. 2-3 pages of actual rules should be plenty.

New patches should be released immediately when they find a typo in the civilopedia. A new patch every week will show Firaxis´commitment to the game!

Comment

When you buy the game, all you can see is the intro movies and the main menu. Then you need to wait for Firaxis to release a patch that lets you start up a game on a premade 10 X 10 map with one other player and take your first turn. Then you need to wait for Firaxis to release a patch with the AI that is really poorly made and just moves it's units in random directions and not actually do anything.

Grassland will be the only terrain to produce food(½ a unit of food ).

On chieftain all AI players surrender to you as soon as you build your first city.

At the end of your turn you will have to take out disk 1 and put in disk 2 so the AI will work, then put disk 1 back in to take your turn.

The barbarians will be replaced with aliens.

Finally, Grasslands are purple, oceans are yellow and plains are pink.
                Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Working...
                X