Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's preemptively guess bad suggestions for Civ4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you getting all of this down Firaxis?
    Well, they'll take a couple of things from it, like they did for Civ3. Since it's unlikely that "The List" for Civ4 will differ much from mine, are there any guesses as to which they'll implement...?

I think we'll definitely see topless units, and more intricate farming.
    I hate oral!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miznia
      I think we'll definitely see topless units...
      For an extra $20, you get an adult Civ4 version.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Miznia
        SEXIEST CIV YET:German leader is still Hitler.
        Wow...just watching about that on the history channel Kinda freaky, he didnt really like his babes.

GO INDIANA- right now: 12:02 left (1st half) 21-11
        Why do people slaughter inocent Goats for no apparent reason??

Comment

Miznia,
          you might like this thread then , but on the other hand maybe you should stick to what you prefer?here
          Last edited by child of Thor; April 2, 2002, 08:30.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

(I'll check that thread out, Child o' Thor)

A PROPHETIC GLIMPSE OF CIV4
            (aka Joan X 10)

Tokugawa's Daughter, and Mao's Daughter. (Portrayed by Mamika Shimada and Harumi Inoue respectively.)
            Attached Files
            I hate oral!!

Comment

(Mao's Daughter)
              Attached Files
              I hate oral!!

Comment

!??!

Where did you get those pictures from in WISCONSIN?!!??!?!
                Why do people slaughter inocent Goats for no apparent reason??

Comment

Well, we're going to have the usual unreasonable request brigade.

Civ 4 should have better AI!
                  Civ 4 shouldn't have any bugs at all!
                  Civ 4 should be fully customizable down to every single bit!

But paradoxically

Civ 4 should be ready by Christmas 2002!

Then we'll have the c00l brigade:

Wouldn't it be c00l if Civ4 was in real time?
                  Wouldn't it be c00l if Civ4 went far far into the future?
                  Wouldn't it be c00l if Civ4 started, like, million years in the past?
                  Wouldn't it be c00l if you could, like, step down from your throne and adventure and, like, slay dragons and rescue princesses, and it would all be part of your score?
                  Wouldn't it be c00l if we had Canadians?

Not to forget people who like these radical sweeping changes:

Civ 4 shouldn't have cities! All squares just have populations and so on!
                  Civ 4 shouldn't have units! Armies should have real sizes!
                  Civ 4 should track every citizen's ethnic origin, so we can deal with 60% Zulus-30% Americans-10%Romans!
                  Civ 4 should have realistic leaders and dynasties, except for that part where leader realisitcally dies after 2 turns!
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

RELIGION (part 3). Occasionally, at random, a religious leader (Jesus, Zarathustra, Buddha, Oprah, etc) will appear and run around your empire, converting people and throwing your cities into civil disorder. But if you capture and crucify him, then your civ gets to run that religion.
                    This made me laugh really hard. Thankyou.
                    Once I had an elf-friend. Then one day this kid stared at my elf-friend. And my elf-friend ran off. And then I took my flame-thrower out of my holster and torched that kid. So I guess the lesson of that story would be not to mess with my elf-friends. At least, it would be, if the story had a lesson. It doesn't.

Comment

>> Where did you get those pictures from in WISCONSIN?!!?

This is a campus! I just download them using my lightning-fast internet access privileges! (I don't even think I had to search in Japanese, to find those two pics.)

>> For an extra $20, you get an adult Civ4 version.

Actually, I hope they're already working on topless units for the XP. Next patch even, maybe?

>> Civ 4 should have better AI!

I would mostly like the AI to have deeper "diplomatic conscience," and have opinions on the good/bad of wars or alliances, etc., between other players. The AI's Balance of Power concerns should make a conquest victory very hard.

I don't like the "radical sweeping changes" category. I know their aim is increased realism, but I want a game simple enough that I can predict what will happen in hypothetical situations (I have a very hard time doing this in EU, for instance). Also, a lot of these changes mean more clicking for the user (sending merchants! rotating crops! ). I want to concentrate on the highest-level decisions, and play a game in an afternoon (which is why Civ1 is still awesome).
                      I hate oral!!

Comment

bad suggestions:

bring back the caravan! I want to have hundreds of those things wandering the empire, and let me exploit them to get wonders in one turn!

bring back spies: I want to purchase a rivals empire city by city!

bring back the ability to destroy a stack of units by destroying the best defender!

bring back the zone of control of Civ2: I want to have my army of knights prevented from moving due to a phalanx on a nearby mountain!

etc.

Comment

1) More corruption. Your 2nd city should have 99% corruption. It will take 40 turns to build a warrior. The AI will have no corruption to make the game fair.

2) Add bars and brothels as city improvements to increase happiness.

3) Heroin will trade for 1000 plus 100 per turn until you have no money. Then your city improvements will be sold to trade for more heroin. The AI will pay for its heroin by taking from your treasury.

4) On Deity the AI will start with 50 cities, tanks, and nuclear weapons. Lets see if Vel can write a strategy guide for this

5) The game will be released when the first line of code is complete. It will cost $100.00 unless you want a special addition that comes with a lamented cardboard box $150.00. Patches will be released yearly or when the 2nd line of code is finished, whichever takes longer.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                            bring back the caravan! I want to have hundreds of those things wandering the empire, and let me exploit them to get wonders in one turn!
                            This is exactly why I skiped to Civ3. It just getting dull and boring send 100s of caravans to other cities for like 3 gold.
                            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
                              3) Heroin will trade for 1000 plus 100 per turn until you have no money. Then your city improvements will be sold to trade for more heroin. The AI will pay for its heroin by taking from your treasury.
                              And convert cities who's civ is having a war on drugs!

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
                              4) On Deity the AI will start with 50 cities, tanks, and nuclear weapons. Lets see if Vel can write a strategy guide for this
                              I think he could. Vel could write a strategy on how to get Bin Laden in less then 5 hours given the chance!

Comment

Cool New Game

Actually I kind of like some of the suggestions........... I could really get into a game of mixed CTP, Colonization, MOM and EU - and perhaps even finish it this year. (Anyone remember the huge and detailed board game War in the Pacific?)

Especially if we combined some - How about topless Canadians? Since it's April and still -19 celcius here this morning, that may be something we don't see elsewhere this summer.
                                Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

Working...
                                X