Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two months have passed, and we have no idea when next patch will be released

Game was released in october, first patch was in november.

So, is there going to be next patch (soon)?

First patch was in December.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

My mistake!

(although it was an early december)

Comment

I hab your cards in pront o' me now. I see a pibe o' swords! O mon! Miss Cleo know da answer to your question. Call now por your pree readin'! Whachoo got to lose but a little bit o' money? Hurry, cos da nex card could be da Hangin' Man. Or da Pool!
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
          I hab your cards in pront o' me now. I see a pibe o' swords! O mon! Miss Cleo know da answer to your question. Call now por your pree readin'! Whachoo got to lose but a little bit o' money? Hurry, cos da nex card could be da Hangin' Man. Or da Pool!
          I didn't know that we have an Apolyton fortune-teller.

Joke, no offense.

Comment

I think that they won't make the next patch before the beta test group is ready and has tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              I think that they won't make the next patch before the beta test group is ready and has tested it.
              Strage I thought that it was for third patch.

Anyway, what they were doing for FULL TWO MONTHS.

Comment

I would be more tolerant if they were doing someting more then game polishing (like stack-movement or Hotseat&PBEM MP)

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                  Strage I thought that it was for third patch.

Anyway, what they were doing for FULL TWO MONTHS.

Might be, but they still need to test the patches, and can't rush them to contain more bugs then the original game. If they get it tested before the Beta team is ready they might release it, but don't count on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                    I would be more tolerant if they were doing someting more then game polishing (like stack-movement or Hotseat&PBEM MP)
                    Relax, they have had holidays. Also how long did they work with the first patch? (My guess is that they started when the game went gold)

Comment

It really is a no win situation for them. If they released a patch now to satisfy those of us who want it NOW, the rest would say "Those guys rushed the game now they are rushing the patches"
                      If they take their time and do as thorough as possible job on making the patch, those of us who want it NOW would say "Man, it is taking them forever to get out the patches, what is wrong with them guys anyway"

Comment

I believe Player 1 like us would just like an offical statement about a future patch when it might be out. Even if it's 2 months away from now at least we know they are doing something.

I know I know it's been said before but at least on other game forums they keep thier customers (or fans ) in the know about what is going on. I don't see that here.

Davor

Comment

Yolky is right...

Comment

Are they still working on a patch?
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                              Are they still working on a patch?
                              They cannot discuss whether they are working on a patch. Even if they are working on one, and were able to reveal so, they would not be able to mention what is contained in said patch (assuming such a patch is being worked on, which cannot and should not be construed by any comments made thus far by anyone inside or outside of Firaxis). If a patch is being worked on (which it may or may not be), it will almost certainly make the game rise, phoenix-like, from the ashes of its' thus far mediocre beginning. How exactly this may or may not happen is also not open to public discussion.

Hope this helps.
                              "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
                              -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X