No announcement yet.

GoW FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about 3 Immortals and 2 spearmen on the move to D'ville? That's still a strong enough force not to be ignored...

Comment

• 3 Immortals and 4 spearmen - and that is my FINAL offer.

My only concern is that the mil advisor on their side will say we have a stronger military. So we can't lowball the number - it has to be high enough. I think I will load some of the past saves - and I should be able to pinpoint the exact size of their current military within a couple of units.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• OK - done the analysis and have the numbers. Please see Immortal Beloved - Operational Planning for the details and my suggested response.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Ok, with you latest number crunch (Immortal Beloved - Op Plan Thread), we can report around 17 (this is an underestimate, right?). If it is an underestimate, then I think we can be safe by having GS report seeing 3 Immortals and 4 Spearmen or even 4 Immortals and 3 Spearmen heading towards D'ville.

Comment

• Sounds good - I will get back to Ghengis.

Comment

• Sent to Ghengis.

Greetings Ghengis.

If you keep this up, you are going to get as bad a reputation as Vox.

Good plan, though. It sounds fine. We were surprised to see the second galley head north over the top of the continent. But, n/p. We have troops landing on the east coast - so you may want to go south of them to cause havoc.

Your timing of 3-5 turns would be good. They will have lots to think about by then.

I reported back to you on the trade aspects earlier.

Regarding troop reports, we have done our analysis on what will be a believable number to GS. If you report a stack of 4 Immortals and 3 spearman on the road south of Elipolis, (excluding Eli on the mountain) it would be consistent with what they can deduce from the game. Thank-you.

All the best, Ghengis.

Regards .... Beta.

Comment

• Don't we have a deal with Lego to get Theology and Feudalism for Engineering? If they can not get Feudal from GS we may need to rework the deal.

Nice avatar.

Comment

• To GhengisFarb today.

Greetings Ghengis!

Maybe 1 vet Immortal and two regular spearmen heading down the road toward Dissidentville.

Targets are in sight - we believe GS still does not have an idea of our numbers. There was a move they could have made last turn which would have given them some idea - but it would have been unusual for them to make it. The speed with which they played their turn was also a good sign that they did not see anything unexpected.

Barring any really unforeseen turn of events - the first GS cities should fall in three turns.

I trust you will have feudalism by then - and will be on the move. The timing should work well, as our attacks and the threat on their capitol should draw their forces north.

Please let me know what your timing and plans look like. Cheers! .... Beta.

Comment

• By Calc II:
                    Oh man this war is gonna be fun~

WC VS Immortals.

I hope for GS's sake they have plenty of WCs.. cause Vox sure does seem to have a quite alot of immortals.
                    Calc II posted this in the open forum in Beta's Thread "Vox Daily War Report"...I'm wondering if this was an honest slip of information on the part of Calc and/or GoW...or something more. I wish he hadn't said that we have alot of Immortals (though he did use the word "seem" in his comment...
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Hehe - great minds think alike Witt - it struck me as odd too. Sent this off to GF.

Hi Ghengis. What gives with CalcII's recent post about Vox having a lot of Immortals? Probably no big deal at this point - as GS will find out next turn what is coming their way - but still - it is a bit out of step with the plan.

And - with your falsifying troop reports - it may reveal your hand as well. But then - once feudalism is had - that sort of becomes a moot point as well.

It just seemed to odd. That's all.

Beta.

Comment

• Chatted with Ghengis last night.

The northern GoW galley pulled into their city to swap units before heading south.

Their southern galley will now move south.

He could not say whether he had feudalism - his 'deal' with GS prohibited that - but he did say to talk to him in 10 turns.

I got the sense that tensions are building on the continent. It would appear that GoW and NeuD are using all their cash to get ready to upgrade to their UU's.

But he is still committed to helping us against GS.

Comment

• And one thing I forgot - I had GoW report one last troop movement - a single regular Immortal heading down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Betahound
                            Hi Ghengis. What gives with CalcII's recent post about Vox having a lot of Immortals? Probably no big deal at this point - as GS will find out next turn what is coming their way - but still - it is a bit out of step with the plan.
                            By the way Beta, has there been and formal explanation from GoW concerning Calc's comment?
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich

By the way Beta, has there been and formal explanation from GoW concerning Calc's comment?
                              Nope - and I forgot to raise it last night. Sorry.

Comment

• No problem. Just curious that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X