GoW FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill
    I will. Sorry, I didn't know Lego was giving it to us free. I thought only Banking was still to come.
    Rhoth, N/P. Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear about it. I will check asap and get back to you.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• They have not responded to my PM yet and we still have some time to go before we get Printing Press so there is no big hurry. I just want to make sure we can get as much mileage out of Printing Press as possible...though with Lego giving us most of their techs for free that isn't as much of a concern as it would otherwise be.

Comment

• Rhoth - see the most recent note from Lego. Can you try for a cash deal? Any amount would be OK.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I will do so. I don't know if we can get cash considering they still haven't been able to pay back the last bit of gold they owe us (), but we might be able to extend our luxury deal too. I'll take care of sending MZ and Togas some PMs later today.
          Last edited by Rhothaerill; January 6, 2004, 17:00.

Comment

• PM to Master Zen

Greetings to Emperor Master Zen and the rest of the fine people of Glory of War.

Regarding our discussion about sending Printing Press to Glory of War, Vox Controli no longer needs to deal for chivalry. If Glory of War still desires to deal for this tech then perhaps a deal for gold (either a straight sum or gpt) or an addition of 20 turns of the luxury item that Glory of War owes to Vox as part of past deals. If a straight gold deal is desired, Vox Controli is seeking 250 gold, but if a combination luxury/gold deal can be worked out then that number will be lowered.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• PM to Master Zen requesting our 40 turns of wines.

Greetings to Master Zen and the many fine people of Glory of War. As part of our deal many months ago to investigate the cities of Roleplay for your nation, Glory of War offered 40 turns of wine with a start date to begin upon request of Vox Controli. It's been a hard struggle, but with the opening of our borders for trade our rowdy mountain men are now craving a more refined drink.

Vox Controli would appreciate it if Glory of War will send wines to us beginning on 450ad. Thanks, and pleasure doing business with you.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• I forwarded the last PM on to Aggie as well. Master Zen hasn't been around for several days and GoW has the save. So just in case someone else plays it I want us to be covered and still receive our luxury item.

Comment

• In an MZO Northern Alliance chat with Panzer32, I asked him about the lux, the printing press deal, and the cash they still owed us. He did not have much to say - other than talk to Aggie. On the issue of the cash owing - they seem to be drawing a blank. We should check back over the saves from that period (I can do this tomorrow) to make sure they have not sent it. Their last message was Dec 15 on this I believe - so it should not take much to check.

Suggest yoiu follow up with Aggie, Rhoth.

Comment

• Chatted with Aggie later in the ISDG chat. (separate room.) He says he sent both the wines and the gold we are owed this turn.

I thanked him on behakf of Vox. He says they also have ships closing on the new RP homeland to make sure they do indeed make peace. He joked about us getting our old homeland back.

Comment

• Ah, very cool! Thanks Beta!! Especially since neither MZ nor Aggie has read my PMs yet.

Since the gold deal was made while Aggie was emperor of GoW then he'd be the one to remember it.

And we have wines. Let our mountain men and fisherman start to experience the upper crust wine tasting habits of the nobility.

Comment

• From GoW:

Greetings Beta,

I am pleased to inform you that my duties in GoW have recently expanded to Consul of Foreign Affairs, and cordially ask that any PM's be copied to myself as a result. I look forward to a profitable future for the both of our fine nations, and to many deals of mutual benefit.

Respectfully,
                        UnOrthOdOx

Comment

• Noted. I sent a PM to UnO about this too, along with a subtle hint about the printing press deal since we haven't heard from them yet...

Greeting UnO,

Beta posted that you were our new Glory of War liaison to Vox Controli. I just wanted to let you know that both Beta and I handle turn playing and foreign affairs so if you would please direct all FAM to both of us. Thanks. Pleasure to work with you.

Regards,

Rhoth

P.S. I sent a PM to Master Zen a few days ago (while he was moving) regarding a Vox-GoW tech deal for printing press and wanted to verify that it has been received.

Comment

• Response from UnO. It appears my PMs weren't logged over there so hopefully UnO can light a fire under them. I'm going to send him a copy of my PM To Master Zen.

Greetings once again!

Thank you for the information, Rhothaerill. As to your question, I can see a PM made a while back in reguards to Printing Press, and I see a response from MZ back to you at that time. Are we talking about a follow-up PM that was sent to him?

Second, I see a chat between Panzer and Beta in reguards to a Luxury and 40 gold that is owed to you guys, yet I see no evidence that this was resolved in our forum.

Being that this is my first time really looking at the thread designated to you guys, it will take me a little time to catch up, but at first glance it seems we are a little in disarray, or that those in power didn't see fit to record things for the benefit of the rest of the team...

Rest assured that this is something I do not tolerate, and it will be remedied from this point on, though if either of you know me much, you already would have known that.

Are there any further issues that have remained unresolved between our two teams that I need to know about?

Respectfully,
                            UnOrthOdOx

Comment

• And my response to UnO. I pasted the PM to MZ (from above) on to the end of this in case this was the first time UnO has seen it. Hopefully this will mean some quicker responses from them when we want to discuss deals.

And greetings back to you again.

Regarding the luxury/gold, that was in reference to the investigation deals that we had with your team and that has been taken care of. Beta chatted with Aggie before last turn and Aggie sent the remaining 43 gold from the investigation of Pamplona, as well as starting the luxury from our original deal.

Regarding Printing Press, this was my PM to MZ a few days ago. We will be finishing that tech very soon and wanted to see if a deal was still possible.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Response from UnO. How much are we willing to knock off to add 20 turns to the lux deal? Keep in mind that by the time the current 40 turns is over, if we lose that lux then it will cost us the equivalent of about 20gpt (or more) for the necessary 10% on the luxury slider. At the same time though, it's just an extension of an existing deal so it would be a waste for them not to deal.

Thanks for the info!

That is indeed a new PM to me.

That said, when have you not known us to want to deal? Of course we will work something out.

How much are the Luxuries worth to you guys first of all, and which do you need, etc.

UnOrthOdOx

Comment

Working...
                                X