GoW FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To MZ, Panzer, and H_E.

Guys - not what you wanted. Sorry. We screwed up. We just assumed we would have sufficient gold to do this - but we are 11 short. Damn. I should have checked an old save when you first contacted me. You or ND could have sent the 11 gold on this turn so we could do it.

We have little in the way of city improvements to sell - one temple actually. I couldn't think of anything else I could do his turn.

And this was after a crummy day of work too. Hope my dreams are better tonight.

Again - apologies from Vox. Let us know if you want us to do it next turn. I appreciate with the war - this may have been critical.

Beta.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Back from MZ. I confirmed the cost to him.

Don't worry, no need to apologize. It was us who did not send the money, plus I contacted you after we sent the save already. We will send it next turn

Thanks again! (btw, how much will it cost?)

-MZ
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Sent to Aggie and Master Zen before they are finished their turn. A friendly reminder to send the gold up front this time.

Greetings to Aggie and Master Zen of Glory of War from your friendly neighborhood Voxtavians.

Pursuant to your request for us to spy on Pamplona and send you the details in 300ad we wish to inform you that we will indeed have the necessary funding ourselves this turn. However we would still prefer upfront cash. Our little island does not allow us the luxury of both growth and production in equal measure so our stored gold is precious for future harbors. The investigation cost is still 166 gold.

Vox still does not require the use of our portion of the investigation deals (meaning the luxury items GoW offered), but we will eventually be required to make our people happy and your luxuries will be of great use to us for many years to come.

Thanks from Vox and good luck in your war.

And regards from Rhoth.

Comment

• Sent to Aggie, Master Zen, Hot_Enamel and Panzer32 of GoW

Pamplona Investigation
          Good evening to our Glory of War neighbors.

We have received your payment of half of the cost of the Pamplona investigation and have undertaken that investigation this turn.

There are two screenshots as two of their units did not show up on the screen with the slider all the way to the left. The second screenshot shows the last two units when the slider is to the right.

Pamplona 1
          Pamplona 2

Happy warring and good luck from Voxtavia.

Rhoth
          The 2 Pamplonas are the links to the screenshots I took.

Please remember that they will still owe us 83 gold for the remainder of the investigation.

Comment

• Response from Master Zen to the Pamplona investigations.

Sorry for the late reply but on behalf of GoW, a million thanks to our great friend Vox for this valuable information.

-MZ

Comment

• PM sent to Aggie and Master Zen regarding repayment of the 83 gold they owe us.

Good evening to our Glory of War neighbors.

Five turns ago we at Vox Controli received your payment of half of the cost of the Pamplona investigation. Vox would just like to request of GoW the estimated timeline for repayment of the remaining 83 gold for the investigation. Thanks.

Happy warring and good luck from Voxtavia.

Rhoth

Comment

• Received from Hot_Enamel of GoW this evening.

PTWDG
                And just keeping you in the loop

GS just lost the bulk of their army.
                19 knights were attacked by ND.
                ND killed most.
                GoW conducted backup and mop-up operations and finished the job.

GS's invasion into GoW's eastern territory is now in full retreat.
                Some heavy duty fighting, no doubt. Gee, too bad about GS.

Comment

• Damn! I hate it when that happends!
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• PM to Aggie and Master Zen of GoW about a tech deal involving Printing Press. I'd like to at least see if they want to deal and what they will offer.

Greetings to Aggie, Master Zen and the many fine people of Glory of War,

We of Vox Controli now live in a harsh land. The rock known as Voxtavia is an unforgiving land mass and only our beaches and great fishing industry have sustained us. But the people of Voxtavia are hardy. We survive and now thrive.

We have been working on a project that might interest the people of Glory of War. By necessity, much of our population consists of fishermen and mountain men, but a new generation of us have begun to study the few books we were able to bring with us. The desire for wider distribution of these books is leading us to develop a process of printing on a special press. No longer will our few scribes be forced to work day and night to produce our books. Perhaps in a few more years, once we have perfected the process we would be able to share our printing press techniques with the people of Glory of War in exchange for knowledge we do not possess.

Best regards to Glory of War

Rhothaerill on behalf of Vox Controli

P.S. in simple terms, we will have printing press in several more turns and would be willing to trade it with you then for tech. If you would like to make an offer I will discuss it with the rest of my team. Thanks.

Comment

• Response from Master Zen.

Greetings from The Glory of Warâ„¢

Our greatest sages and intellectuals (in other words like 2 or 3 guys) have been most astounded by this news of the impressive educational acheivements of the Voxian people. We are sure that such an invention might lead to books being accessible to our people on a grander scale and perhaps increase the commoner's vocabulary to something more than "Ugh, squid stink", "Bubba, you smell", and "Die chicken".

In other words, I'll see what the team thinks

-MZ

Comment

• Response from Aggie. At the very least we'll be getting our gold back from them. But it looks like they're willing to deal.

This is excellent news. By the way you will find a payment of 43g this turn and expect the balance next(we are rushing a tech and I wasn't sure exactly how much ND would send us). We would be very happy to entertain any tech trades. I am glad to seee your people achieving greatness on those rocky slopes.
                        Good Luck.
                        Aggie

Comment

• Per Vondrack's response about giving us banking and astronomy, I suggest we try to trade printing press to GoW for chivalry (since we know they have it. ) along with some cash or an extension of our luxury deal an extra 20 turns. Thoughts? If this is what we'd like to do then I will contact Aggie and MZ, but I think it would be the best deal we could get out of them. We will need chivalry in 20 turns for my plan anyway.

Comment

• PM sent to Aggie and Master Zen.

Greetings to Aggie, Master Zen and the rest of the fine people of Glory of War.

We apologize for not returning your email sooner regarding this deal as the holidays beckoned.

Regarding our discussion about sending Printing Press to Glory of War, Vox Controli would like to request the technology known as chivalry from Glory of War. As Printing Press is 4 tech points higher than Chivalry a deal for gold can be struck or perhaps an addition of 20 turns of the luxury item that Glory of War owes to Vox as part of past deals. If this offer is acceptable to Glory of War please PM me or Beta and we can work out a written deal. If this offer isn't acceptable perhaps we can work something else out.

Regards,

Rhoth

Comment

• Rhoth - Lego has offered us Chivalry for basically free. However - as was the case with our recent deal with GS, they may actually prefer if we trade for it. I will contact Lego and find out. Can you hold off finalizing any deal until we hear back from Lego.

Comment

• I will. Sorry, I didn't know Lego was giving it to us free. I thought only Banking was still to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X