No announcement yet.

Lego FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see us get another galley.
    Then we could really negate their counter attack. if we have a group of Immortals land deep behind their lines. I don't mean right now, but as the war progresses.

Perhaps we could get it from another civ. If they put a galley inside of a city, then give us that city we would get the galley inside of it correct. then next turn we give the city back. Is this possible?
    "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

I agree with you about the second galley Macy. Four Immortals in the back-field could cause havoc.

Not sure he city swap would work. It is only a 30 shield build - Wittlich City could produce on in 4 turns. Or in 8 turns it could produce it in 3 turns. (city grows in 8 turns, and shield production will jump to 10)
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Had a chat with Nimitz of Lego last night. He was asking for a general update on the war, and how things were going. Lego remains very supportive. He asked us if we needed a second loan. I said we would get back to him in two or three turns.

They also wanted to know if they had heard about a proposed attack on Lego. I said not as far as I had heard.

I am wondering if NeuD and GoW are planning something, figuring the two Estonian civs are going to beat themselves up.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ok, I guess I should have checked this thread first before asking my question concerning what team Nimitz is on.

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
            I am wondering if NeuD and GoW are planning something, figuring the two Estonian civs are going to beat themselves up.
            I wouldn't put it past ND and GoW to start thinking about Lego...

Comment

if ND and GOW do go after Lego, they are going to want to keep their money.
              "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Had a chat with vondrack last evening. Nimitz is away and Nimitz had asked for a chat - so vondrack stood in for him.

Essentially - Lego still very much supports us in this war. They have a loan approved for 200 gold, plus possibly another 100 gold a few turns later. This is good.

We dicussed the continental situation - he believes we should still trust Ghengis.

I gave him an update on the war. He was pleased to see that we forced GS into building the Lighthouse. He expects that they were saving it for building SunTzu's or a more expensive wonder, but that GS figured they needed the war production. Too bad in one respect - having a GS city out of war production would have been helpful.

They continue to wish us well.

Comment

vondrack pm'd me to say that there were some dissenters within Lego voicing concern over their proposed support for Vox. He is upset by this. He and I had a lengthy chat this morning - not addressing this item specifically - but the war - the loan - and most importantly, the future. He will be sending me the chat log and I will post it here.

We will need to keep an eye on the internal political situation with Lego. Unless it is vondrack or Tiberius calling the shots - I'm not 100% sure where they might be headed.

Comment

Here is the chat log from my conversation with vondrack of Lego this morning:

Comment

Deal from Lego. Looks OK by me. Any comments?

Lego-Vox trade treaty proposal of 630BC
                      Hello, BetaHound!

Sorry for the delay in getting this to you, but the Poly downtime messed with our ratification poll and we had to re-poll to make it "by the book". I hope you will find the trade treaty proposal fine and acceptable for your team - if you let us know soon enough, we will send you the first part of the gold on this very turn.

As our ambassador, Tiberius, is temporarily AFK, I am sending this on his behalf - send your response either to me or to Nimitz, our Foreign Minister, please.

quote:
                      Lego-Vox trade treaty of 630BC

1. Vox agrees to gift Engineering to Lego on the turn it becomes available for Vox. Lego agrees on a 20 turns "no-whoring" clause.

2. Lego agrees to gift Theology to Vox upon request, urging Vox not to request it until they need it for Education, in order to make it difficult for any other team trying to research it on their own. Vox agrees not to build the Sistine Chapel, and to not trade Theology to any team unless that team also agrees not to build the Sistine Chapel as part of the trade.

3. Lego agrees to pay 120 gold to Vox on turn 98 (Vox receives it on turn 99). Vox gifts Lego their WM on turn 99, their WM again when the war with GS is over and war reports and screenshots at least every 3 turns.

4. Lego grants Vox a loan of 120 gold on turn 102 (Vox receives on turn 103). Vox starts repaying it within 20 turns after turn 103, in an amount of 6 gpt, for 20 turns.

5. Both parties agree to keep this trade agreement top secret, never revealing any details to a third party.

Signed:
                      vondrack, the President of Legoland

We are crossing our fingers for you!

Take care,
                      vondrack

Comment

Looks good.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Looks good to me too.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Looks good to me. I see they are trying to lock up the Sistine Chapel. OK by me. Without Theology and a leader we don't stand a chance of getting it. That load of gold is nice. They are only asking for the gold itself back. No interest.

Comment

I agreed-to and signed the agrrement back to Lego.

Comment

Chatted a bit with Nimitz of Lego after the chat with RP last night. They are holding elections - we will have to wait and see hwta comes of it.

They have four sources of horses, but the trade route from us to them goes throgh a sea tile.

And then - I asked how close were they to the EAST coast of Estonia. He said he thought it was less than 3 sea tiles. I asked if he could confirm - and then we could chat again. This may help seal this thing if we can get Lego involved. But then again - he may have been mistaken. Will find out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X